Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Walmart Truck Bed Liner

Old 06-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #21
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Just save up and do it right or don't do it.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #22
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatTaco View Post
would this stuff be just as worthless? looking to do sliders and stuff later on. http://www.realtruck.com/dee-zee-spr...uck-bed-liner/
i would hope! 36 bucks for 1 can!!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #23
98cbtacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Austin
98cbtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Did my front and rear bumpers and my headache rack and the lower section of my truck with that stuff and it turned out great, love the look and texture, not to gritty but not smooth. Perfect in my opinion.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #24
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatTaco View Post
would this stuff be just as worthless? looking to do sliders and stuff later on. http://www.realtruck.com/dee-zee-spr...uck-bed-liner/
Pretty much ya.

The self-applied Herculiner they sell at Pep Boys is about the cheapest you can go and get an "okay" job... and prep of the existing paint and bed are 75% of the work.
Without proper prep, it's going to peel.
With a proper prep... thorough cleaning, sanding, cleaning, degreasing, and application, it will do a decent job.
Won't be as good as Rhino or Line-X, but Herculiner is around $100-$150 (you'll spend that much or more in rattle cans getting enough coverage on the bed to last a month).
Old 06-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
GTFO.
This is an amazing product. I stand by it 100%
It coats way more evenly than the roll on kind and is way easier to apply.
He's talking about doing the BED!

What works on rockers and bumpers may or may not work on a bed... if it is actually used.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #26

Quote:
Agreed!
HA i was about to say the same, buddy of mine used hurrculiner from tractor supply and it wasnt even black it was like a gun metal grey and way to gritty for my liking, i havent had any problems on my truck. Applied it carefully after cleaning, scuffing with a fine sand paper and a primer then the bedliner, comes out perfect, i too stand by this product!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #27
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
just interested in the bed. although... hearing this makes me want to sand down my bumper and spray it with this!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #28
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worth a shot to try it on the bed?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #29
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
GTFO.
This is an amazing product. I stand by it 100%
It coats way more evenly than the roll on kind and is way easier to apply.

getting a little carried away.

"opinions are like orgasms, mine matters the most and i dont care if you have one"

^pickin up what im puttin down?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post
just interested in the bed. although... hearing this makes me want to sand down my bumper and spray it with this!
I did use it on my bed caps and they get quite a bit of abuse by my welding supplies on a daily basis (bottles, tool box, projects, ect) and its held up pretty well to the scratched and dings ect but i cant speak for the bed itself.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #31
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
1. its going to be a good number of cans
2.price
3.prep work
so go for it if you want. i feel as if there is enough feedback here to make a decision
Old 06-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #32

this is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post

"opinions are like orgasms, mine matters the most and i dont care if you have one"

^pickin up what im putting down?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #33

Quote:
Worst case you've wasted $100 or so and have to remove it or pay to have it removed when you decide to have a good liner applied by a pro.

If you don't use the bed a lot, and aren't sliding tool boxes around in it, it might hold up acceptably.
Personally, I wouldn't do it.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #34
Swerve for nothing

ive already gone thru 5 cans
Old 06-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post

^pickin up what im puttin down?

^^^ Thats funny and i agree, im just telling the experience ive had with the product, havent used it on the bed itself but other places i have its great, try it where ever haha i didnt put it in the practical places it was designed for minus the bed caps haha but o well.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
2.price
3.prep work
so go for it if you want. i feel as if there is enough feedback here to make a decision

Used about 4 cans on the bottom portion of my truck, took my a day from preping it to done, prep takes a while so im guessing the bed would be a weekend deal??
Old 06-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98cbtacoma View Post
HA i was about to say the same, buddy of mine used hurrculiner from tractor supply and it wasnt even black it was like a gun metal grey and way to gritty for my liking, i havent had any problems on my truck. Applied it carefully after cleaning, scuffing with a fine sand paper and a primer then the bedliner, comes out perfect, i too stand by this product!

I might give it a try on the caps of the bed or the rails so to say. the edges...

maybe it will work out. i have a whole bunch of scratches around my bed the i want to cover up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
2.price
3.prep work

yea this is a good point. if i do it i need to prep it accordingly and so forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Worst case you've wasted $100 or so and have to remove it or pay to have it removed when you decide to have a good liner applied by a pro.

If you don't use the bed a lot, and aren't sliding tool boxes around in it, it might hold up acceptably.
Personally, I wouldn't do it.

worth giving it a shot. i see where you are coming from though
Old 06-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #38
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
No way in hell I'd do the bed in Rustoleum Bedliner. Unless nothing touched it . Even sliders and bumpers . A satin black looks just as good and holds up the same for 1/2 the cost of bed liner and sometimes you can get a can of valspar satin at lowes for $1 .
Old 06-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #39

hahaha well maybe i should spray my bed posts and see how they hold up then
Old 06-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #40
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
An opinion is different than a product review rookies.

You can read research about which condoms are the best but until you are rolling them on your dick and pounding some questionable holes you will know which ones are best
havent used it either way, not sure really how condoms relate to truck bed liners

OP grab a pack of magnum XL's and carefully cut them so they lay flat and cover your bed with them. if they protect it from bricks and whathaveyou, they will protect your bolony pony.