LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Walmart Truck Bed Liner

Old 06-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #41
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
solid counter argument right there
Old 06-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #42
98cbtacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Austin
98cbtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post
hahaha well maybe i should spray my bed posts and see how they hold up then

The bed caps ive got are 2x2x3/16ths thick angle iron that the headache rack is welded too and i highly recomend that if you use your truck to haul stuff. And this stuff is good at hiding scratches. If you want to try how well it works i did the same before i did my bumpers when i was building them and i sprayed a foot long piece of inch by inch square tubing with two coats and a primer and it held up really well after fully cured, i recomend that.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #44
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98cbtacoma View Post
wasn;t going to say it but since it's out there

Old 06-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #45
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Wow you are an idiot.
So let me get this straight.
You are offering the OP advice on a product you have never used AND arguing its integrity with someone that has used it.

never offered him advice on the product, and not arguing with you. telling someone to GTFO because they would not use wal mart bed liner on their truck is a little excessive, so figured id break the legs of the high horse you were riding. then you said something about using condoms on questionable holes in which i think you meant vagina's and had nothing to do with anything. my comment was that if its anything like wal marts shoes i would not go near/under water. thats about my extent of the involvement as far as advice goes. you on the other hand are aparently a spray on bedliner conisseur...
Old 06-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #46
koco is on a distinguished road

koco's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking about using this stuff for a bumper. I guess you could touch it up easily if it peeled off. The real stuff like line-x or rhino lining is sprayed on very hot, it must be real rubber. I dunno what the canned stuff is.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #47
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You are an idiot

Next time you post in a question thread, make sure you can contribute. I do know extensively about this product thus my reason for posting.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #48
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
well i appreciated everyone's input greatly.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #49
Swerve for nothing

looking for someone that has done this before to answer:
i'm planning to use this on the plastic part of my front bumper. how is the adhesive quality between the plastic and the bedliner? will i need to prep the plastic any different?
Old 06-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #50
98cbtacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Austin
98cbtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The only complaint i have is oncei got it dirty with mud, dirt ect it takes a good hose to spray it off haha and dont dry it with papertowls cuz the fibers get stuck and looks like crap when it drys, happened on a gun range table i built and sprayed with the stuff.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #51
Swerve for nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98cbtacoma View Post
The only complaint i have is oncei got it dirty with mud, dirt ect it takes a good hose to spray it off haha and dont dry it with papertowls cuz the fibers get stuck and looks like crap when it drys, happened on a gun range table i built and sprayed with the stuff.
yeah the stuff is pretty gritty but i mean i can just take it to one of those car washes with the power washer and hose her down
Old 06-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #52
PWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Prescott
PWhite13's Tacoma Gallery
*Note, I have no experience in using Rustoleum bed liner.

With that said, if your whole reason in choosing this stuff is to save some money, then you should be absolutely sure it is gonna do it's job if you're already spending $100 or so to get it. Because in the event that it does not hold up like a professional job would, than you're gonna have to pay (probably, unless you can do it yourself) to get it removed. And at that point, you would probably be buying the professional stuff anyway because your original goal was to have your bed lined.

In my opinion, save up the extra cash and get it done right the first time. There is a reason these products are found at Wal Mart, and there is a reason something like Line-x is more expensive.

In the end, all up to you and what will work for you.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #53
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow you are an idiot.
So let me get this straight.
You are offering the OP advice on a product you have never used AND arguing its integrity with someone that has used it.

That picture is f'n hilarious.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #54
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
That picture is f'n hilarious.
i almost spit wine outta my nose. honestly.

but seriously

from what i learned from this thread...

EVERYONE has a lot of good points to this product TO USE it and NOT TO USE it and im still unsure...

so im gonna sleep on it.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #55
Swerve for nothing

Quote:
i almost spit wine outta my nose. honestly.

but seriously

from what i learned from this thread...

EVERYONE has a lot of good points to this product TO USE it and NOT TO USE it and im still unsure...

so im gonna sleep on it.
haha that'll happen here sorry bud
Old 06-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #56

oh ive seen em...

i use the word tits to describe everyday objects and emotions
Old 06-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
haha that'll happen here sorry bud
yea no kidding
Old 06-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #58
Swerve for nothing

Quote:
yea no kidding
i'd try to help but since i just did mine i have no solid results to stand by
Old 06-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #59

i may just do the bed rails! not the whole bed
Old 06-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #60
Swerve for nothing

yeah, start small and see how it goes