Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Walmart Truck Bed Liner

Old 06-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
Walmart Truck Bed Liner

I've heard some good and I've heard some bad about this stuff.

it's sold at walmart

I have a shortbed 1st Gen.
I was thinking about buying a but load of cans and doing it myself.

anyone used it in their truck bed personally?

pictures?

comments?

how many cans you think it will take?
Old 06-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
coated the rear bumper and rockers with the stuff, pretty good if you ask me
just gotta do the front bumper probably tomorrow and then the fender flares

get some goo-gone just in case you spray where you don't want to
Old 06-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

damn man. you're going all out

i found a good read...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/r...oating-862330/

jeeps
Old 06-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
it good stuff i sprayed my atv trailer fenders and trailer tongue with it
Old 06-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the inside!?
this outta be good
i'm thinking of doing my toolbox since it has a gloss finish
Old 06-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
its like the shoes at wal mart...

just dont go near water
Old 06-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i know this is 1st gen. but i was thinking about getting some and doing my rear bumper.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Idk about doing the whole bed with that stuff
Old 06-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #9
Swerve for nothing

yeah i wouldn't want to do my bed with this stuff. just not efficient for one
got some herculiner roll on kit for that
Old 06-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #10
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
I've got it on my front bumper and it has been rubbed off fairly easy. Depends on how much you use your bed.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #11
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I heard it comes off easily on bumpers/bars
Old 06-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #12
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
the inside!?
this outta be good
i'm thinking of doing my toolbox since it has a gloss finish
LOL

Ya...

The canned stuff is intended to be used for touchups (that WILL be needed) and for areas that are impossible to paint/roll on with the gallon cans of Herculiner.

It was not intended to cover the entire bed. It won't hold up to the first time you hit the brakes with anything harder than a tire in the bed.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #13
Swerve for nothing

i did 3 to 4 coats but plan on more, it didn't go on as thick as i wanted it to
Old 06-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #14

well i use my bed fairly often.

they guy on the link i provided said you should apply 2-3 coats 30 minutes apart and its been holding up for the past year!
Old 06-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #15
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I'd just do it right with the line-x that holds up better to fading .
Old 06-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #16
Swerve for nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post
well i use my bed fairly often.

they guy on the link i provided said you should apply 2-3 coats 30 minutes apart and its been holding up for the past year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
This is one of those instances that you get what you pay for.
well we will see what happens later on
Old 06-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #17
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post
its been holding up for the past year!
Did he say what he's been putting in it?

The stuff didn't hold up for 3 months on the front bumper cover of my '03 Tundra.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #18

yea thats the truth that i am trying to cope with the price
Old 06-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Did he say what he's been putting in it?

The stuff didn't hold up for 3 months on the front bumper cover of my '03 Tundra.

nah. just said touches it up sometimes
Old 06-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #20
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
would this stuff be just as worthless? looking to do sliders and stuff later on. http://www.realtruck.com/dee-zee-spr...uck-bed-liner/