Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

cliking noise from front axle

Old 06-11-2012, 02:17 AM   #1
jmexyz is on a distinguished road
jmexyz's Tacoma Gallery
cliking noise from front axle

i have a cliking noise from the front passenger side tire. don't no if it's the ball joint, wheel bearing or the manual locking hub. i have a 6 in. fab tech lift, 33x12 nitto trail grapplers with 33x12 welds.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:59 AM   #2
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Are you sure it isn't the CV axle? I think that's what it's called anyway...???
Old 06-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
We need a better description of the noise... a CV axle will bind and pop if it is bad, but I wouldn't personally describe that as a "click"
Old 06-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #4
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
A ratcheting-clicking noise on turns=bad cv. The worse it is, the louder it gets.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
TMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the rough
Name: Tom
TMW's Tacoma Gallery
Does it click going straight or only when turning. I had a CV joint go bad on my 93 Toyota 4x4 and it clicked only when turning.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
A ratcheting-clicking noise on turns=bad cv. The worse it is, the louder it gets.
this ^^^^^^
Old 06-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
I think I had/have the same thing. I didn't notice it so much in turns, but it would get faster the faster you went. Then when you slowed down the noise slowed down frequence untill you were almost at a stop and you could count the ticks, then once you stop the ticks stop. On mine it came from I think the drivers side. It seemed to go away when I put my 5100s on. I don't really notice it any more.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #8
jmexyz is on a distinguished road
jmexyz's Tacoma Gallery
it only makes the noise going straight and the faster i go the faster it clicks. did'nt find anything loose under there. what are some things i can do to rule certain things out.