Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Good or bad buy

Old 06-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #1
yotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the rough

Navy:
Name: ADRIEL
yotanation29's Tacoma Gallery
Good or bad buy

I found this add online and wanna know if anyone has experience with these winches, cuz it seems too good to be true
http://www.gorecon.com/product.php?pk=294
Old 06-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
To secure peace, is to prepare for war
TacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJPP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacomaJPP's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ds=recon+winch

The fact that there isn't a lot of reviews and the reviews are split is one indicator.

Also, to consider that for that same price range you can get a tried-and-true 8,000lbs Warn winch almost immediately negates the fact that this "rope" winch is 10,000 lbs (not doubting it). I'll take a well-known product and get what I expect rather than gamble on something that is unknown.

Two years from now when it has as many positive reviews or I see it in action, then I may consider it. Until then, let others gamble their money.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
yotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the rough

Navy:
Well on amazon it had a 4.7 out of 5 rating, and on a jeep forum they seemed to like it but said it wasn't really water proof. And the person I'm buying it from was a jeep owner who only used it 3 times and is selling it for $120 which seem good even if it is a piece of crap
Old 06-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know about winches, but if you wanna throw 120 bucks away, I can give you my address. Then just mail it to me.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #5

Navy:
the winch has really good reviews on a couple random non toyota (mainly jeep drivers)forums so i think im going to give it a try.