Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

GET READY WORLD

Old 06-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #23
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Put it in neutral, transfer case in neutral.

They're all wrong, you can tow it.

I told that teaching lady the only letters I'll ever need are U, S and A.

Take pictures of the carnage.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #24
Mall Crawler of the Year
TRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
TRDBen's Tacoma Gallery
OP will surely deliver....
Old 06-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #25
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
that could cause a problem huh?
Just a minor problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
But doesn't tha transfer case have to be engaged!? Otherwise its just sitting there right!? And why remove the driveshafts? Isnt the point of having neutral to be able to allow the truck to free roll??
Transfer case in neutral, transmission in neutral, with the rear end spinning and the drive shaft spinning, there's still going to be parts moving inside the transfer case and no oil pump to keep the lubricated. The oil pump is run off the input shaft. At least that was reasoning behind why you can't flat tow a Tacoma as I understand it.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #26
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
But doesn't tha transfer case have to be engaged!? Otherwise its just sitting there right!? And why remove the driveshafts? Isnt the point of having neutral to be able to allow the truck to free roll??
Toyota derped it.<---Nothing new. The oil pump for the case is driven off of the tranny. If the engine isn't running there is no oil flow. When the case is in neutral, some internals are still spinning and they need oil to keep from burning up.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #28
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in, I want to see the outcome!
Old 06-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #29
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
This yet another application where manual hubs are better. Good luck OP, I would do as others have suggested and only undo the diff side and ratchet strap it up to the underside of the truck somewhere.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #30
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
This yet another application where manual hubs are better. Good luck OP, I would do as others have suggested and only undo the diff side and ratchet strap it up to the underside of the truck somewhere.
If tue truck has ADD the front driveshaft will not spin just like with manual hubs. The issue is the rear shaft.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #31
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Manual hubs on the rear?!?!
Old 06-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #32
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
If tue truck has ADD the front driveshaft will not spin just like with manual hubs. The issue is the rear shaft.
hmm that is right, forgot about that.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #33
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Manual hubs on the rear?!?!
I had a retard moment!
Old 06-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #34
Banned
Quote:
I had a retard moment!
Can anyone explain why this happens to me often?
Old 06-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #35
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Can anyone explain why this happens to me often?
x2 lol.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #37
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjohauler View Post
Done it! Turned out fine.
Did it. *
Old 06-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #38
Consistently Irregular
IronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really niceIronCladTRD is just really nice
Name: Corbin
IronCladTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
Did it. *
Well have you did it? I done't think so.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #39
kerns 2495 is on a distinguished road
Name: scott
kerns 2495's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys , this is for real I just bolted the angle iron to the frame to allow for the tow bar to connect. It is a sweet set up. 59 bucks for the bar 25 for some steel and I am almost ready to roll. As I see it I am going to turn key one click, disconnect battery, remove 4 bolts at rear diff. strap the shaft securely to the frame, Set automatic transmission to park, set transfer case to neutral and roll. still have some light issues.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #40
kerns 2495 is on a distinguished road
Name: scott
kerns 2495's Tacoma Gallery
tomorrow is test run