1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headlight Question

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by PhoenixTaco, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Jun 18, 2012 at 5:39 PM
    PhoenixTaco

PhoenixTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner
    Toytec 3" Ulitmate Lift, Led lights, Tinted Tail Lights, 3rd Brake lights tinted, Clear Corners. Two 8" Kicker Cvt's, Alpine Amp 800 watts, Kenwood Deck, 4 Kicker DS68 door speakers, Flowmaster 40 series American Thunder muffler, AEM Brute Force Air Intake.
    What do you guys think about these headlight? I feel like they aren't legit..

2. Jun 18, 2012 at 5:39 PM
    PhoenixTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner
    Toytec 3" Ulitmate Lift, Led lights, Tinted Tail Lights, 3rd Brake lights tinted, Clear Corners. Two 8" Kicker Cvt's, Alpine Amp 800 watts, Kenwood Deck, 4 Kicker DS68 door speakers, Flowmaster 40 series American Thunder muffler, AEM Brute Force Air Intake.
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Jun 18, 2012 at 5:51 PM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    Most of these cheaper e-bay ones work, but they are not the same quality as the OEM. Mine are from e-bay also, and I have not had any issues; some people experience fogging due to the lights not sealing very tight.
    The ones you listed are new to me, I have not seen them before, but I would guess the same concern would apply - the easy cure/prevention is to spread a thin bead of silicone sealer around the seals. These have LED's - no way to tell how long they will last, but LEDs in general are supposed to outlast regular light bulbs.
    For the price they might be worth trying. (BTW, too much crome for me, so I personally don't like them...just my opinion)

4. Jun 18, 2012 at 6:55 PM
    PhoenixTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner
    Yeah I was just thinking about buying them. Just wanted to see what people though of them

5. Jun 19, 2012 at 9:25 AM
    dtopgun515

dtopgun515 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darrell
    Hey Yall Georgia
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport
    5100's up front set to 1.75, SCS Stealth 6 wheels, Nitto Terra Grappler AT's
    I like them.

6. Jun 19, 2012 at 9:40 AM
    JdevTac

JdevTac Bawnjourno

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    GA/WA
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    Someone posted a thread within the past month of some black ones just like those asking about them. To me the ebay lights should be fine as long as you add some extra sealant or reseal them. Light output then probably becomes the only other issue. Of course depending on the ebay sellers policy if they turn out to be shit just return them for a refund.

7. Jun 26, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    Tacomagirl64

Tacomagirl64 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sarah
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma SR5 3.4L
    King Coilovers 3", AllPro upper control arms, fabtech rear shocks, Avis Offroad Bed rack and roof rack, Avid sliders, Ulta 16" Baja wheels and 285/75/16 KO2s
    Hey OP did you end up ordering these? I am thinking of getting these this weekend but would like to see what your thoughts are on them.

8. Jun 26, 2012 at 6:38 PM
    trmarshall1

trmarshall1 The Least Interesting Man In The World

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Supercharged
    4" Pro-Comp Lift, TRD cat back exhaust, grey wire mod, clutch pedal linear spring mod
    Hmmmmm, I don't know about these. Even though I live in Commiefornia, when I upgrade my headlights, I'm going to do HID's. It's a bit of work, but the end result looks and performs so much better. I'm gonna keep my stockers though, so when I get a fix it ticket, I can just swap em out then have the ticket signed off, then swap em again. My brother did the same thing with his tinted windows, he got so many citations for illegal tint on the front that he just bought a set of stock glass and would swap em...stupid revenue chasers.

9. Jun 26, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    tam

tam Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tam
    East Bay, CA
    Vehicle:
    Reasons to steal my truck...
    Icon Ext. Travel C/O, TC UCA, Spidertrax 1.25" spacers, CF hood, Glass bedsides, Doug Thorley cat-back, Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 265/75/16
    Pretty sure that's for those people who don't know how to cut, solder, crimp, heatshrink. I wouldn't expect it to be plug and play with the LEDs.

10. Jun 27, 2012 at 3:51 PM
    ailll1

ailll1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Québec, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma Trd Sport Double cab
    On whatever headlight your looking to buy on Ebay, sellers always write that. I guess they want to protect themselves if someone doesnt know how to align them, causing blinding and maybe accidents. Probably about the LED wiring also for these particular headlights.

11. Jun 27, 2012 at 7:28 PM
    Tacomagirl64

Tacomagirl64 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sarah
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma SR5 3.4L
    King Coilovers 3", AllPro upper control arms, fabtech rear shocks, Avis Offroad Bed rack and roof rack, Avid sliders, Ulta 16" Baja wheels and 285/75/16 KO2s
    lol I would keep my stock ones too! I would like to order these and then do a retrofit on them with the h1's from theretrofitsource. I just want to do something different and I was browsing ebay and saw them and then I found this discussion. I am also having problems keeping my corner lights on so I figured I would give these a try. If I don't like them I suppose I can always send them back :)

12. Jun 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM
    protoadies

protoadies Active Member

Member:
    I just like the fact that its an all in one piece. My side markers don't stay in place. I've boughten 3 eBay 2 OEM dealer sets and they still fall out... Toyota said nothing I could do they were installed correctly.

13. Jun 29, 2012 at 11:27 PM
    SCSPerformance

SCSPerformance Stealth Custom Series™ Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Camburg LT kit DMZ SUA kit SCS wheels Destroyer Gray
    looks kind of neat, but i would have to see it installed in person.

Products Discussed in

To Top