Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

1st gen vs 2nd gen

Old 06-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #1
joemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joemomma22's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen vs 2nd gen

hey guys. still deciding which taco to get, 1st or 2nd. heres the long story short, my girlfriend likes the look of the 2nd gen much better but i like the 1st one better (and yes i know its my truck but c'mon.)

so today im requesting responses that show pictures of 1st gen vs 2nd gen side by side (mainly stock) but pics that are taken from the same angle and if one is a DCSB then the opposing pic should be DCSB as well.

i want to show her that the first gen can look just as amazing.

thanks guys =D
Old 06-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
so no mod'ed tacos?
Old 06-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #3
Country101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to allCountry101 is a name known to all
Country101's Tacoma Gallery
Listen to your girlfriend. If you marry her, you will have to anyway.........

2nd Gen FTW.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #5
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
So, who's truck is it? Are you buying this for your girlfriend?? Or for you?

But seriously....they're both awesome trucks. What do you NEED and what can you AFFORD??
X2

buy what YOU need. your girl isnt even gonna matter when it comes to being a member on TacomaWorld.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:38 PM   #6
joemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
to answer all of you:

mods are fine, but if your showing pics id like to see each taco with similar mods.

i know ill have to, but not yet ;P

my truck. for me. i want a trd off road. and i want a first gen (i can really only afford a first anyway) but i want to see sidebysides that will just kinda show her that 1st gens can look good if not better. cause i think they do.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post
X2

your girl isnt even gonna matter when it comes to being a member on TacomaWorld.
meaning? shell matter if shes with me on the treks. lol
Old 06-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #8
Gotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to behold

Gotcha88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemomma22 View Post
my girlfriend likes the look of the 2nd gen much better but i like the 1st one better...

i want to show her that the first gen can look just as amazing.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotcha88 View Post
Old 06-19-2012, 12:23 AM   #10
im lost
Old 06-19-2012, 12:24 AM   #11

welcome to TW
Old 06-19-2012, 12:27 AM   #12
subwayaz is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft, Maint
subwayaz's Tacoma Gallery
Well I've owned both and both can and do look good. The new gen is larger truck. But since your doing the daily driving get what you want. LOL and I presume that it's your money buying
And welcome to TW
Old 06-19-2012, 12:38 AM   #13
yeah. itll be the money i get from selling my f150, and then i guess ill get a couple thousand from the parents but then pay them back over time.

looking to get probly an 04 trd off road taco. either white or black with a DCSB and manual transmission. (i think the thing she doesnt like is the extended cab models because she said she likes the dcsb, then i told her it was the old one and shes like nvm.)
Old 06-19-2012, 12:40 AM   #14

the DCSB does not come in a manual tranny
Old 06-19-2012, 12:47 AM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post
the DCSB does not come in a manual tranny
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO

my dreams have been crushed
Old 06-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #16

you could swap out the tranny yourself if you want!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:51 AM   #17
seems difficult. although my brother is a mechanic, he could probly do it. but then i still need to buy a new tranny. i guess im sticking to the extended cab.

hey this brings me to another question; whats the difference between Xtra and Access cabs?
Old 06-19-2012, 12:51 AM   #18

same thing
Old 06-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #19
different names?
Old 06-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #20

yup.

i think Nissan calls it Xtracab and Crew Cab

Toyota calls it Access cab and Double Cab

the cab names vary from different car companies but mean the same thing.