Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma Service Truck Project

Old 06-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
Aomeszaga is on a distinguished road
Aomeszaga's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Service Truck Project

Hi guys, need some help finding reliable and proven ways to build my Tacoma service truck here's what i want.

• engine air compressor
  • 10/20 gallon air tank in the bed mounted horizontally just behind the cab
  • pressure washer on top of the air tank on the driver side
I need help finding an engine compressor that will fit my 5VZ FE
ive already gotten the pressure regulator, sensors, switches, lines, etc planned out.

Ive asked around and they talk about a volvo engine air comp that can be mounted with built brackets, just want to know if anyone out here has already done this or have an idea what is a good air comp

thanks
Old 06-19-2012, 12:03 AM   #2
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Are you looking for something like this ? You can add a larger tank.
Air Compressor
http://www.air-zenith.com/ A2OB2S Kit
Old 06-19-2012, 01:11 AM   #3
those look good for a fair price, i have a few questions

1) AC Compressor CFM vs York Engine Mount Air Compressor CFM vs 12 Volt Air Comp CFM

thinking of running air tools and maybe an 55gallon barrel oil pump off of the 20 gallon tank

I think the 12 volt compressors will break keeping my 20 gal tank filled
so im considering adding an air compressor pump to my engine or converting the ac
ill go through the extra work of adding the pump so i can keep my ac maybe someone has ideas on how to plan it?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aomeszaga View Post
those look good for a fair price, i have a few questions

1) AC Compressor CFM vs York Engine Mount Air Compressor CFM vs 12 Volt Air Comp CFM

thinking of running air tools and maybe an 55gallon barrel oil pump off of the 20 gallon tank

I think the 12 volt compressors will break keeping my 20 gal tank filled
so im considering adding an air compressor pump to my engine or converting the ac
ill go through the extra work of adding the pump so i can keep my ac maybe someone has ideas on how to plan it?
You would have to ask some one who has one I have yet to buy mine and install . Though needing air and pressure washer for continuous duty you may want to check into a gas powered compressor. I am not sure you wouldn't burn out a 12v. Maybe, consider setting up a small trailer to pick up a military one and set it up?
Old 06-21-2012, 12:22 AM   #5
Damn, i bought a tundra instead of a tacoma and im gonna have an air zenith 2+2 system under my truck bed and an ingersol rand air comp/pressure wash combo in the bed, easiest way lol, thanks for backing up my research guys
Old 06-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery

You didn't know what kind of truck you bought?
Old 06-23-2012, 01:29 AM   #7
oh i was shopping for a truck and was considering a tacoma, but everyone called me a low baller so i bought a super clean tundra from some guy that works down the street from where i work. hmph their loss, that cash couldve been theirs. but yeah the tundra got massive power fit for a service truck lol