Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

how do i remove door panels from 1997 tacoma?

Old 06-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
ammobelt is on a distinguished road
ammobelt's Tacoma Gallery
how do i remove door panels from 1997 tacoma?

how do i remove the interior door panels from a 1997 tacoma reg cab without power windows?
Old 06-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
It should be two screws for the door handle/arm rest then you have to pry off the manual window crank. After that you should just be able to pry off the panel from the door. It's held on with many plastic clips between the panel and the door and they just pop out.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
http://ncttora.com/fsm/2003/Repair_M...rodoo/disa.pdf
Old 06-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
Squisha will become famous soon enough
Squisha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
This.

The rag technique works. Use care when popping the panel off--at this age, the plastic clips can be brittle.

It's also a good time to clean out the nasty crud that might have collected inside the armrest. I found old french fries inside mine when I went to clean it after I first bought mine last year. Pulling the armrest off is the only way to get it completely clean.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
ok..i'll try that..reason i want to take them off is i just got the truck[had an 88 toyota pickup that died]and there is a very annoying rattle coming from inside the passenger side and on the drivers side the lock sometimes won't open with the key and the door lock gets stuck down and even with a pair of vice grips won't pull up...jeez
Old 06-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #6
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammobelt View Post
ok..i'll try that..reason i want to take them off is i just got the truck and there is a very annoying rattle coming from inside the passenger side
There is a 10MM bolt that keeps the window frame tight. It's on the very back of the door somewhere 3/4's of the way up.
Try that before ripping the door apart.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
ok thanks..i'll try that first..my goodness..wasn't expecting this many responses this quickly..thanks guys and gals!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammobelt View Post
ok thanks..i'll try that first..my goodness..wasn't expecting this many responses this quickly..thanks guys and gals!
Welcome to TW
Old 06-21-2012, 01:56 AM   #9
n0ms is on a distinguished road
Name: Angel
n0ms's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know for when I find a donor tacoma to swap in power windows/doors plus door panel.