Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Brakes Won't Work.... Can't Shift Out of Park... HELP!

Old 06-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Brakes Won't Work.... Can't Shift Out of Park... HELP!

Specs: 99 Tacoma, 3.4 V6, Automatic, No ABS

Was working on my bed bob/dovetail when I decided that I needed to make an errand.... so I plugged my tail lights in real quick and secured them. When I went to make sure they were working, I discovered that the brake lights weren't coming on! The blinkers worked, and the red part worked when I turned the headlights on, but still no lights when depressing the brake pedal. I then tried to put the truck in drive and the shifter would not let me. (which tells me the truck doesn't think I'm even pushing the brake pedal.) so I checked fuses and all seems to check out there. I have been noticing a squishy brake pedal and less braking power these last couple of weeks, and it was even worse now, so I decided to inspect and bleed the system. Saw no leaks or damage to the brake lines and proceded to bleed the system with a vacuum pump (starting with RR, LR, BPV, RF, LF). It didn't help at all, so I thought maybe my pump wasn't effective so bled the system again, this time with a partner on the brake pedal. Brake pedal still very mushy (easily is pressed down to the floor) and can't shift out of park.

My guess is master cylinder....... What do you all think?
Old 06-19-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Blown fuse. Find the blown one, and replace it.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I looked.... maybe I need to pull a few more..
Old 06-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
check fuses or maybe the stoplamp switch?
Old 06-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Blown fuse. Find the blown one, and replace it.
Found it. 15A fuse labeled "STOP." Thanks guys, I feel like a retard.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #6
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
hahahaha thats hilarious man!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
Über Posre

at least there's not a single bubble of air in there now....
Old 06-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #8
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
at least there's not a single bubble of air in there now....
yea exactly and everything is all nice and clean
Old 06-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 06-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #10
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
I would of had to give you a ride!