Notices

Fixing a little Boo Boo

Old 06-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
Tashier is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
Tashier's Tacoma Gallery
Fixing a little Boo Boo

Fixing a little Boo Boo-575392_3703317151288_1505640905_n.jpg

Slammed from behind by 80 year old lady. Truck was in mint condition before. She was probably doing 45mph
Old 06-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
Tashier's Tacoma Gallery
Fixing a little Boo Boo-554150_3703360152363_1682467902_n.jpg

Her Highlander didn't do so well. And her license plate frame says it all.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
hwy 26?

EDIT: It is hwy 26! I almost ran into the median going up that hwy when it was raining outside. The hwy gets really slick when it rains!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
damn.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
Tashier's Tacoma Gallery
Fixing a little Boo Boo-535207_3942599973209_1799551546_n.jpg

Bed off for a little frame tweak and bed straightening.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
Tashier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
hwy 26?

EDIT: It is hwy 26! I almost ran into the median going up that hwy when it was raining outside. The hwy gets really slick when it rains!
Yes it is the dreaded hwy 26, right by the zoo. I hate this futher mucking freeway. 2nd rig I've totalled here.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
Tashier's Tacoma Gallery
Fixing a little Boo Boo-img_7989.jpg

Completed for now. New bumper, tailight, tow hitch, front bumper. All in all a pretty tough truck for getting slammed that hard. A few minor wrinkles I can live with.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #8
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashier View Post
Attachment 156516

Completed for now. New bumper, tailight, tow hitch, front bumper. All in all a pretty tough truck for getting slammed that hard. A few minor wrinkles I can live with.
Glad you were able to put it back together.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #9
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Attachment 156516

Eff that, get her insurance to get you a new bed/tailgate.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #10
Tashier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
Eff that, get her insurance to get you a new bed/tailgate.
Actually, insurance totaled it, gave me $10k for it. I bought it back for $2600, put $900 back into and that's how she sits. Drives perfect, looks good enough. I'm happy. (and I haven't even received a settlement for pain and suffering yet)

Be honest, truck shouldn't even have been totaled. $900 to get it to this point, frame is fine.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #11
Tashier's Tacoma Gallery
How do you post full size pics in this forum? Mine always just end up thumbnails.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Actually, insurance totaled it, gave me $10k for it. I bought it back for $2600, put $900 back into and that's how she sits. Drives perfect, looks good enough. I'm happy. (and I haven't even received a settlement for pain and suffering yet)

Be honest, truck shouldn't even have been totaled. $900 to get it to this point, frame is fine.
Time for the mods now!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #13
Tashier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Time for the mods now!
Ya, did cross my mind. I'm not huge into offroading. I ride MX for the most part and the truck just gets me there and back. I like getting decent gas mileage and being able to get into my truck without a step ladder. It's been kept nearly stock except for some AirLift airbags on the rear which were money well spent!! An old sony radio which is very tired and needs to be tossed in the garbage and replaced.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:57 AM   #14
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How do you post full size pics in this forum? Mine always just end up thumbnails.
you need to upload them to a website that will host all your pics. I use photobucket.com when I post pics on here.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #15
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya, did cross my mind. I'm not huge into offroading. I ride MX for the most part and the truck just gets me there and back. I like getting decent gas mileage and being able to get into my truck without a step ladder. It's been kept nearly stock except for some AirLift airbags on the rear which were money well spent!! An old sony radio which is very tired and needs to be tossed in the garbage and replaced.
A mod I would do is to get new seats. With the money you made on this deal you could go top of the line and ride in the lap of luxury.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #16
drubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant future

Air Force: Avionics Craftsman, 33 AMXS, 33 Fighter Wing
Name: Brad
drubacca117's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Attachment 156514

Her Highlander didn't do so well. And her license plate frame says it all.
Sorry about your truck, but this was just too damn funny
Old 06-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #17
Tashier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
A mod I would do is to get new seats. With the money you made on this deal you could go top of the line and ride in the lap of luxury.
I've never had a problem with the seats, maybe I'm used to them. I know everybody that gets in the truck complains about them though. What's the recommended replacement?
Old 06-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #18
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've never had a problem with the seats, maybe I'm used to them. I know everybody that gets in the truck complains about them though. What's the recommended replacement?
Obviously every ass is different but Corbeau are highly recommended because of the ease of swap.

They make custom mounting brackets that fit your truck and the seat perfectly. No fabrication necessary.

http://www.corbeau.com/
Old 06-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #19
drubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant future

Air Force: Avionics Craftsman, 33 AMXS, 33 Fighter Wing
Name: Brad
drubacca117's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
you need to upload them to a website that will host all your pics. I use photobucket.com when I post pics on here.
No you don't... in fact doing that means that when Photobucket deletes your pic, it is lost here.

Upload the pic to TW, and when you go to your gallery of photos, there should be a URL you can copy and paste directly in to your post. I do it that way and have never had an image show up as a thumbnail.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #20
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Easiest way if you take the pic with your phone is to email it to your own Gmail account. Then open the picture in the email click "view" when the picture opens you will see a link at the top - copy it - go to insert image and paste the link. I can post a picture in a matter of seconds from the time I took the picture.

Also the truck looks great.