Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New To Me 1999 Tacoma

Old 12-31-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
howardc64 is on a distinguished road
howardc64's Tacoma Gallery
New To Me 1999 Tacoma

Hey Gang:

Just picked up a 1999 Tacoma Xtra Cab SR5 4cyl (2RZ-FE) Auto 2WD with 82k miles. One owner and all maintenance done by Toyota dealership. I noticed the 30k/60k mile service include ATF flush and diff oil change which is great.

I have a couple of questions for you guys.

1. I hear a real faint ticking on the upper end when the car is warmed up and idling when I popup the hood. Looking at the 2RZ-FE, should I get the valve lashes checked and adjusted by this mileage as I don't see any on the maintenance record. Know how much this service might run?

2. I see no brake fluid flush ever. Probably should do this too?

Other than that, interior and paint looks brand new. Thanks to the board for all the info I was able to find here.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
doesn't hurt to have the brake fluid flushed... and welcome to TW
Old 01-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #4
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Good Buy!!! I think these motors are just noisy.. My 3rz does the same thing and I have 130k
Old 01-03-2009, 03:55 AM   #5
ViperR is on a distinguished road
ViperR's Tacoma Gallery
My '95 w/2.4 sounds like yours. My next oil change will include an engine flush and maybe anything sticking will loosen up.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #6
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperR View Post
My '95 w/2.4 sounds like yours. My next oil change will include an engine flush and maybe anything sticking will loosen up.
Add qt of Lucas Oil stabilizer! I use it every couple Oil changes.