Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Can someone name this rear bumper?

Old 06-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone name this rear bumper?

I pretty much spot this truck every day driving home from getting my daughter.... would love to know if its a member here (haven't seen it) so I can pick your brain regarding your truck.

I love this truck.

I was wondering if someone knew who manufactures such a rear bumper. Sorry for the crappy pics. They're taken with my phone while trying to keep up with a guy who has a heavy right foot.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
I would name it "Tooshort".

j/k.

If you see it everyday, do you think you would have a chance to catch him one day and ask?
Old 06-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Id say its custom.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
I would name it "Tooshort".

j/k.

If you see it everyday, do you think you would have a chance to catch him one day and ask?
Today was the closest I ever got to him, thanks to red lights and a line of cars at at stop sign.

The dude drives way too aggressively IMO

But that's my hope. To be able to pull up next to him and rattle off a few questions like a psycho creeper.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Fix your windshield about the bumper I dont know lol
Old 06-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
undecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Adam
undecided's Tacoma Gallery
If you had so much time to take pictures goin down the road, you should have flagged him down and asked. I think it looks clean, small, but clean. I would say buy it. When you find out
Old 06-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Fix your windshield about the bumper I dont know lol
That is fixed

They use gravel on the roads out here. If you regularly drive up into the mountains in winter, your windshield won't last a season.

I have full comprehensive insurance which includes free glass replacement. This windshield is two years old. Had that crack (and a bunch of bullseyes) within the first few months.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided View Post
If you had so much time to take pictures goin down the road, you should have flagged him down and asked. I think it looks clean, small, but clean. I would say buy it. When you find out

Taking a snapshot while rolling at a stop sign or red light is nowhere near the equivalent of getting out of my truck, running up to his and asking questions... time wise.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:49 PM   #9
undecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post

Taking a snapshot while rolling at a stop sign or red light is nowhere near the equivalent of getting out of my truck, running up to his and asking questions... time wise.

^^^ now that would really make you look like a creeper ^^^
Old 06-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided View Post
^^^ now that would really make you look like a creeper ^^^
And as he starts to drive away scared, just grab a hold of his door while running next to the truck still asking questions....
Old 06-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #11
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
looks to me like 2x4 square tube with 2 small recovery points welded on and the ends capped, you could use your stock bumper mounts and weld them to it.

easy!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #12
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And as he starts to drive away scared, just grab a hold of his door while running next to the truck still asking questions....

Hahahahahahaa!! "But wait!! I have ONE more question!! *huff, puff*"
Old 06-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Hahahahahahaa!! "But wait!! I have ONE more question!! *huff, puff*"
"one last question!! a/s/l?"
Old 06-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #14
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
As he hears you screaming "I love your rear end!"
Old 06-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #15

Navy:
When you catch up to him make sure you don't start the convo with "I have been following you for the past few days..."
Old 06-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
As he hears you screaming "I love your rear end!"

Old 06-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #17
hossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud of
hossmaster's Tacoma Gallery
It's a Downey Off Road bumper

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...111#post491111
Old 06-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossmaster View Post
Thanks. Apparently they are out of business.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:09 PM   #19
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
Damn shame too, I actually really like the simplicity of that bumper...
Old 06-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmarshall1 View Post
Damn shame too, I actually really like the simplicity of that bumper...
Me too, that's why I was asking