Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

think i can pull a 600-800lb chunk of granite? lol...

Old 06-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
think i can pull a 600-800lb chunk of granite? lol...

Okay so.... my step dad needs this large chunk of granite slab moved. Its not stuck in the ground because the two of us, at 200 and 230, were able to lift it and roll it end over end a few times. He wanted to roll it the whole 200 yards but i was like fuck that, i have to 10k tow strap, ill see if i can get the trusty taco to drag it over there. I estimate its 600lb but he estimates it at 800. But either way, with both the trans and t-case in L i figure ot shouldnt be to taxing on the truck. Anyone disagree? And yes, i have a hitch. No bumper shenanigans.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
undecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shedundecided is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Adam
undecided's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
Okay so.... my step dad needs this large chunk of granite slab moved. Its not stuck in the ground because the two of us, at 200 and 230, were able to lift it and roll it end over end a few times. He wanted to roll it the whole 200 yards but i was like fuck that, i have to 10k tow strap, ill see if i can get the trusty taco to drag it over there. I estimate its 600lb but he estimates it at 800. But either way, with both the trans and t-case in L i figure ot shouldnt be to taxing on the truck. Anyone disagree? Anyones i have a hitch. No bumper shenanigans.
Man handle that bitch. Burn some rubber!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Do it and remember pics or it didn't happen.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Do it and remember pics or it didn't happen.
^ This

And slabs don't roll. Boulders do
Old 06-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Dragging 600-800lbs is a lot more load than towing 600-800lbs. If you could rig it up on some sort of dolly to roll the rock onto first you wouldnt have any trouble, but dragging an 800lb rock doesnt seem like a great idea.

On a side note; if you two rolled it by hand, I highly doubt its anywhere near 800lbs.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
trussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nicetrussell456 is just really nice

Name: Tyler
trussell456's Tacoma Gallery
my old sportsman 500 atv dragged a 650 lb moose no problem, i dont think you will have any problems at all
Old 06-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by trussell456 View Post
my old sportsman 500 atv dragged a 650 lb moose no problem, i dont think you will have any problems at all
I don't even want to know...
Old 06-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #8
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
skinny pedal down

i dont see a problem with it
Old 06-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
I don't even want to know...
i do, please tell.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
You should not have any problems, but I would say keep it really slow, even if it looks like it moves easily. You don't want to go too fast and then suddenly it gets stuck on another rock, tree stump etc. and cause damage to your drivetrain.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #11
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
This would really be a good test for our trucks. I say you tube it.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
This would really be a good test for our trucks. I say you tube it.
I agree. Much better than a pull-off vs a V8 Durango.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
This is akin to dragging an 800-lb car with parking brake engaged. Shouldn't be an issue.

Film it!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
I agree. Much better than a derp-off vs a V8 Durango.
FIFY
Old 06-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #15
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
I bet my Rhino could pull it, wouldnt think twice about the truck.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #16
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
This is akin to dragging an 800-lb car with parking brake engaged. Shouldn't be an issue.

Film it!
Where the hell did you find an 800lb car? haha Even the Smart car weighs 1700~
Old 06-21-2012, 01:51 AM   #17
n0ms is on a distinguished road
Name: Angel
n0ms's Tacoma Gallery
Film it and if something happens to your truck I will give you 5 dollars.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #18
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Where the hell did you find an 800lb car? haha Even the Smart car weighs 1700~
My point exactly. You wouldn't hesitate to drag a Smart car with parking brake engaged, would you? A slab of granite half the car's weight shouldn't be an issue.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #19
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
I did, except it was more like 1000 lbs, not 200 yards but about 50 ft, I'll find pic....

On another note, if I can pull a stuck 2nd gen in sand /uphill with the truck being pulled in park, I'm sure you can drag that pebble 200+ yards
Old 06-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #20
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
I pulled this oak tree the other day, the picture doesn't do it justice but I'm thinking it was an easy thousand pounds, probably more.