Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My Future Tacoma Poll

View Poll Results: which style?
DCSB automatic 38 62.30%
AcessCab manual 23 37.70%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
joemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joemomma22's Tacoma Gallery
My Future Tacoma Poll

hey everyone. just wondering what you guys were thinking about this. when i get my first gen im not sure if i should get an auto DCSB or a manual Access cab. the f150 i have now is manual and i love it. i always like driving stick shift. buti really want the full back seat. bedspace isnt so important in either case. so i was just wondering if you guys had the choice, autoDCSB or manual AC. tell me with reply and by voting =D thanks
Old 06-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
milehighliving is on a distinguished road
milehighliving's Tacoma Gallery
I was in the same position as you, double cab, or manual? I went with manual because I like the control, I don't like driving people around, and I wanted a 6 foot bed, plus manual is way more fun in general.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
Laissez les bons temps rouler
tacoma04 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bruce
tacoma04's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on your needs. I have a DC because I need the back seat for hauling family. My son has an access cab with the manual since he doesn't have to worry about that. Both trucks are fun, so it really is a function of your needs. IMO you can't go wrong either way.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
joemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma04 View Post
Depends on your needs. I have a DC because I need the back seat for hauling family. My son has an access cab with the manual since he doesn't have to worry about that. Both trucks are fun, so it really is a function of your needs. IMO you can't go wrong either way.
thats the problem, their both good choices. lol. I'm 19 so i dont have to haul family, but i do like to be the driver when with friends because i know i'm a good driver and i trust myself over others. 5 foot bed really isnt a sacrifice cause its still a lot of bedspace. but the only real sacrafice is the transmission. and thats where im undetermined. I do want a DCSB. i like the look of it a little more. but i also want manual... a lot. lmao.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
Manual, cuz you know you like grabbing stick.

but cereal, I jest.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #6
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
You must keep your right hand free!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmarshall1 View Post
Manual, cuz you know you like grabbing stick.

but cereal, I jest.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnwltqhA7R1qzj7lm.png

but yeah trmarshall what do you really think?
Old 06-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #8
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppham444 View Post
You must keep your right hand free!
We have a winner. Close this thread, it is over. Move along people.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
We have a winner. Close this thread, it is over. Move along people.
lmfao.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:16 AM   #10
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
All jokes aside man, as other members stated, it really depends on your needs and desires. I have had manual transmissions for 12 years and unless they stop making manual, I'd never go back to auto. I have plenty of room in my excab, but have no kids that I'd need a full size back seat for. For real, it's your call.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #11
makeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedmakeshiftTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
makeshiftTaco's Tacoma Gallery
dcsb manual
Old 06-22-2012, 08:05 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeshiftTaco View Post
dcsb manual
im 19 i cant afford a newer model 6 speed. and i also wont be able to switch out the trans on my own im not that mechanically inclined.

yeah trmar i know it depends on my needs. all i need is a tacoma trd off road though haha. like ive said before i like the look of the DC better. but idk if thats worth sacraficing the manual trans lol.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #13
subwayaz is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft, Maint
subwayaz's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't mind all the shifting in the city driving then the manual would do the trick and also the MPG is slightly better.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by subwayaz View Post
If you don't mind all the shifting in the city driving then the manual would do the trick and also the MPG is slightly better.
dont live in a big city lol. nice suburb. but yeah i know what you mean, and even in heavy traffic i really dont mind. i think using the clutch is the most fun part of actually having a manual. people complain all the time about shifting in traffic but i actually like it
Old 06-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #15
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
How ya gona gangsta lean on the center arm rest with a manual?
Old 06-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #16
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
a poll cant make this decision.

its solely your decision to make for your needs.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #17
ExOkie is on a distinguished road

Name: Gary
ExOkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighliving View Post
I was in the same position as you, double cab, or manual? I went with manual because I like the control, I don't like driving people around, and I wanted a 6 foot bed, plus manual is way more fun in general.
Like he said ^^^
Old 06-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #18
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
It's definitely up to you no amount of our opinions can give you an answer. An auto is gonna be slightly higher maintenance than a manual but not much. I definitely wouldn't have an auto in my truck because it has the 2.4 with oversized tires. I drove an auto 5 lug while looking for my truck and it was S-L-O-W! I'm glad I have a 5 speed and would definitely get another. You just gotta ask what you're gonna haul more of, people (get Dcab) or stuff (get xtracab) and frankly what is available in your area. If one of them pops up for a great deal, maybe your decision is made for you.

I'll end with this: bitches love manuals.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #19
Thanks for all the responses everyone. The poll was just to see opinions. I'm probly gonna go with xtracab cab manual when I have the money. With xtracab I can still haul people Too. Just gotta keep the small people back there hahahahahaha.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #20
stowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shedstowayman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
stowayman's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen and older manual - 2nd gen reg cab manual (4 banger) - access and double cab auto (6cyl) - manual (4cyl) - second gen V6 has enough power and the 5spd auto is a great tranny.... the manual is necessary with the 4 banger (still a great combo)