Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ome lift low on the front end?

Old 06-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
YotaBug is on a distinguished road
YotaBug's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down ome lift low on the front end?

Hi,

So I put in a ome suspension lift kit with the 2880 coil springs. It raised my rear 3", now the front only 1.75". Parts rep said it would come close to leveling the truck, but ya not so much. The rep pushed me to get into the 2880 because I don't have a winch or bumper and I would have a softer ride. Now having read spring specs the 2881 free height is 10mm taller than the 2880. All the to say what is the spring solution to leveling the truck with out having a ride that feels like i welded the axle to the frame? I little stiff or rough is fine.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
You'll be better with the 881s for sure. Is your truck a single/extra or double cab? If it's a double cab you might even consider the 882s. I have the 882 on my dc and rant it without a bumper/winch for almost a year and it was fine and was closer to the advertised 2.5" of lift. I also have a 10mm trim packer so I've very close to 3" up front but i have a tube bumper now.

880s are going to be too short. Who did you order from? Personally I think the sales rep misguided you.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
TMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the roughTMW is a jewel in the rough
Name: Tom
TMW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
You'll be better with the 881s for sure. Is your truck a single/extra or double cab? If it's a double cab you might even consider the 882s. I have the 882 on my dc and rant it without a bumper/winch for almost a year and it was fine and was closer to the advertised 2.5" of lift. I also have a 10mm trim packer so I've very close to 3" up front but i have a tube bumper now.

880s are going to be too short. Who did you order from? Personally I think the sales rep misguided you.

X2
Old 07-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if you got this straightened out already but just FYI, I put 881's with 10mm Jk spacer on mine and got 2 3/8" drivers side and 2 1/4" passenger side. It measures 38" from ground to bottom of fender with 265/70-16. Not sure why it's backwards from the common driver side lean but it is. Hope this helps.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaBug View Post
Hi,

So I put in a ome suspension lift kit with the 2880 coil springs. It raised my rear 3", now the front only 1.75". Parts rep said it would come close to leveling the truck, but ya not so much. The rep pushed me to get into the 2880 because I don't have a winch or bumper and I would have a softer ride. Now having read spring specs the 2881 free height is 10mm taller than the 2880. All the to say what is the spring solution to leveling the truck with out having a ride that feels like i welded the axle to the frame? I little stiff or rough is fine.
This is why I went with Kings. Because all applications differ and some people got theirs to level but some required 10mm spacer and some has trim packer and this and that. I got a headache deciding to get OME or not cause I like my truck to sit leveled. 881 with 10mm and trim pack should get you close to leveled to the OME Dakars IMO.