1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New (to me) Taco, electrical problems?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by TacomaTacoma, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Jun 23, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    TacomaTacoma

TacomaTacoma [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma 4x4
    Hey TW! First time posting on the forums here. I just bought a 98 4x4 reg cab Taco a few weeks ago. I love it and couldn't be happier. However, today it started giving me some trouble.. could you please give me some insight?

Today I went to drive home from my mates place and it seemed as though the battery was dead. No lights, noise or anything. As I opened the door to get jumpers, the door buzzer came back on and then it started fine..no struggle whatsoever. I did notice however that my head unit was off and my trip distance was reset (a bummer because I wanted to check my mileage!). Now I am home and it seems like the battery is dead again but I don't think that is the issue.

It seems electrical but I dont know much more than that. thanks for any help!

2. Jun 23, 2012 at 10:18 AM
    Robertgeejr1

Robertgeejr1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Aorora, Ill, yeah!
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
    I have done all the hi-pro mods for a life time, since I got this truck at a great price, I will be happy with showroom new.
    have you checked to see if both connectors are good and tight on the battery?

3. Jun 23, 2012 at 3:13 PM
    joemomma22

joemomma22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    jiggle the positive and negative connectors, make sure your ground is right. i had an almost identical problem on my f150. its all in the connection to the battery.

Products Discussed in

To Top