LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New (to me) Taco, electrical problems?

Old 06-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
TacomaTacoma is on a distinguished road
TacomaTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation New (to me) Taco, electrical problems?

Hey TW! First time posting on the forums here. I just bought a 98 4x4 reg cab Taco a few weeks ago. I love it and couldn't be happier. However, today it started giving me some trouble.. could you please give me some insight?

Today I went to drive home from my mates place and it seemed as though the battery was dead. No lights, noise or anything. As I opened the door to get jumpers, the door buzzer came back on and then it started fine..no struggle whatsoever. I did notice however that my head unit was off and my trip distance was reset (a bummer because I wanted to check my mileage!). Now I am home and it seems like the battery is dead again but I don't think that is the issue.

It seems electrical but I dont know much more than that. thanks for any help!
Old 06-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
have you checked to see if both connectors are good and tight on the battery?
Old 06-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
joemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoemomma22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joemomma22's Tacoma Gallery
jiggle the positive and negative connectors, make sure your ground is right. i had an almost identical problem on my f150. its all in the connection to the battery.