Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

having a hard time to start the truck

Old 06-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
having a hard time to start the truck

so here is my problem, when i want to start my truck i have to almost push the clutch through the floor in order to get it started! so i use my clutch cancel start almost all the time but its kinda of a pain.

so is there a sensor or some kind of adjustment you have to do, also when i shift gears i cant kinda half push the clutch like i always did( i always owned manual vehicules) i have to push it to the floor and i mean really to the floor

so if anybody knows whats going on let me know
Old 06-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Well you are supposed to push it to the floor for shifting and starring.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
no you dont get my point here i push to the floor and it wont start then i push all i can and it starts! dont worry i know how to start my truck and it is just getting worst and worst with time
Old 06-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking your clutch master cylinder is failing--Easy fix-have you checked the FLUID?
Leaking--low? If you "doulble clutch" does it work BETTER-That is a SURE sign that it will need replacing SOON.
Have not needed to change on my 2003 YET-- did my 91 a couple times--had it a long time.
CHANGE master and slave--just a matter of time for the other to go out.
GOT STRANDED once--had to change the damn thing in a parking lot. MUCH EASIER at home in the driveway.
CHECK fluids FIRST--leaking--replace.
Keep me posted--
Old 06-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you don't have carpet bunching up behind the pedal or that you didn't pound your firewall so far back that it stops the pedal from going all the way down, there is a sensor that the pedal needs to hit before it'll let you start it
Old 06-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Worse and worse over time--again--clutch master and slave cylinders.
Thats a sure sign.
Want a link for the picture?
Old 06-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #7

http://ncttora.com/fsm/2003/Repair_M...l/cmc/comp.pdf master http://ncttora.com/fsm/2003/Repair_M.../crc/comp.pdfr --slave
Old 06-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #8

Link to manual--
http://ncttora.com/fsm/index.html
Old 06-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #9
frog

jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
thank you, much appreciated! ill keep you updated newertoy
Old 06-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #10

http://ncttora.com/fsm/2003/Repair_M...luped/insp.pdf
MORE INFO
Old 06-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #11

The adjustment bolt nut could be loose too--by the inside pedal.
I am also assuming that the clutch is good--no slippage--just pedal problems.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #12
frog

jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
yes the clutch is brand new!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #13
frog

jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
very helpfull information! thanks again we need more people like you on here
Old 06-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #14
frog

jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
FIXED!!