Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

4 poiint harness seats

Old 06-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
puddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Zach
puddin67's Tacoma Gallery
4 poiint harness seats

anyone got 4 point harness seats in their taco? if so, whre from and how do you like them
Old 06-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Do not install harnesses without a rollcage.

Without a cage, the harnesses will keep you upright in the event of a rollover and bad things will happen. Harnesses go in with the cage, and only with the cage.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
puddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to beholdpuddin67 is a splendid one to behold

ive got a cage, i just havent gotten the seats yet
Old 06-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Well then post pics, man! Let's see what you've got!

My pile:

You've got stereo stuff listed in your mods but no mention of a cage?? Pics!!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #5

oh i havent put it in yet, im kinda savin it to make sure i have room to do some other stuff to the interior so i can have room to move around.. yours is knarly though man, who did the work?
Old 06-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #6

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Carroll's Rod & Racecraft here in NJ. (http://www.rodandracecraft.com)

It's all 2" .120 wall chromoly and is SCORE tagged.

Whoever you have do your rollcage will know exactly what's needed for the harnesses as they have to tie into the cage design. It's potentially your life on the line so go with someone who knows their stuff.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #7
pipelayer_99 is on a distinguished road
pipelayer_99's Tacoma Gallery
True story. I use to work in the garages inside Gateway Raceway in St Louis. They use to have all kinds of clubs come and use the inside road coarse for fun/pleasure/racing. There was a club of Mitsubishi 30000 GT's and Dodge Stealth's and a younger kid came onto the track, lost control and hit the wall. He had put in his own 4 point harness but bolted everything to the seat. Needless to say the seat tracks didn't hold and this kid ended up in the back hatch area still belted into the seat. He thought he had flown out of the vehicle and was laying on the ground. Luckily he wasn't hurt but it's a story I always tell when people talk about roll cages and 4-5 point harnesses.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:48 PM   #8
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
Proper installation is a must too! Connecting the shoulder straps in a bad fashion can injure you even more in a accident! The shoulder straps need to go behind seat and attach to the cage or something directly behind your shoulder area, going straight down to the floor will compress your spine and do other damage if you wreck.