Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ABS troubles... code 49

Old 06-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
PatMiles is on a distinguished road
PatMiles's Tacoma Gallery
ABS troubles... code 49

I'm having an issue with my 2000 Tacoma Xtra cab, V-6, 5 speeder, 4WD.
After replacing the front brake pads I started getting an intermittent ABS light on the dash. I determined that the code is 49 which points me to the stoplight switch which has proved to be okay. Bulbs are good. No corrosion.
Any of you folks have any ideas?
TIA,
Pat
Old 06-26-2012, 04:49 AM   #2
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
I remember reading a few things on ABS don't know if it will help
http://www.yotatech.com/f2/abs-light...9-what-111472/

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/3rd-ge...d-install.html
Old 06-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #3
Tashier is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
Tashier's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, PatMiles again, from TTORA.com. Still trying to get this problem fixed? Sorry there hasn't been much response. I didn't get much for my prob either but still managed to get it fixed from TTORA's thread.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
Tashier is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
Tashier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertgeejr1 View Post
What I summarize from this is check all your tailights. Make sure they are all functioning including the 3rd light up on the cab. I might even go so far as to open them all up and check the bulbs to be sure they are not LED, clean the sockets out for a good connection and reassemble. Then go so far as to changing out the bulbs for the heck of it if it's still on.