Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lazy Seatselts: how to get them recoiling again

Old 06-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
beedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeedoola is one of the sharper tools in the shed

beedoola's Tacoma Gallery
Lazy Seatselts: how to get them recoiling again

my self belts don't wind up in their own, they just hang their, often they'll get closed in the door if I forget to throw them behind their respective seats. Is there a way to fix this - preferably without having to take the whole side panel off? I know there is that little plastic cover where the seat belt goes into the side panel.

Thanks
Old 06-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
I got a bucket of warm water, act. several buckets, DAWN, and a soft brush and scrubbed and scrubbed....... used some old rags to wipe them off each time, and i did this over and over and they came clean and act. soft and pliable and the work!

truck came from west texas.. it was sort of dusty
Old 06-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
NRXTM is a jewel in the roughNRXTM is a jewel in the roughNRXTM is a jewel in the roughNRXTM is a jewel in the rough
NRXTM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertgeejr1 View Post
I got a bucket of warm water, act. several buckets, DAWN, and a soft brush and scrubbed and scrubbed....... used some old rags to wipe them off each time, and i did this over and over and they came clean and act. soft and pliable and the work!

truck came from west texas.. it was sort of dusty
is this a joke?
Old 06-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRXTM View Post
is this a joke?
I was wondering that two
Old 06-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
There was an old thread on this a long time ago, I'm going to try to find it. Be back later...
Old 06-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #6
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
cleaning the seatbelts definitely elps, the other option is using a dremel to slightly make the opening larger, just sanding plastic down to give the belt more room to work.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Found it, good luck.

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/minutemods/seatbelt/
Old 06-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #8
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Ha! reminds me of my 87 Bronco II I had in high school. The seat belts would do the same thing, just hang there, until I opened the door then they coiled right up, closed the door and was on my way.

Seems like new ones would be pretty easy to find in a parts yard?
Old 06-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #9
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Nice, Dave! Good find.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
four forty four

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Nice, Dave! Good find.
Thanks, I had the same problem with my 97 a few years back.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #11
Dek Ngo is on a distinguished road
Name: D
Dek Ngo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Let us know how this works for you.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #12
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

no, it was no joke, just a lot of dirt. when i got the truck last fall that was one of the first things i looked around to see if there was a easy fix, (after 10 years of ford's frigging crap belts).... i saw the 4x4 fix but to be honest the belts were so dang dirty and were like cardboard i waited till spring to really clean and wash the insides, and i figured if they could not be cleaned up, and feel right i was just going to toss them and order new, and to my surprise they really look like new, and work great. smell better also!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #13
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no, it was no joke, just a lot of dirt. when i got the truck last fall that was one of the first things i looked around to see if there was a easy fix, (after 10 years of ford's frigging crap belts).... i saw the 4x4 fix but to be honest the belts were so dang dirty and were like cardboard i waited till spring to really clean and wash the insides, and i figured if they could not be cleaned up, and feel right i was just going to toss them and order new, and to my surprise they really look like new, and work great. smell better also!
So you're a seatbelt sniffer, eh, Robert?
Old 06-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #14
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
So you're a seatbelt sniffer, eh, Robert?
Better than a seat sniffer like you

Old 06-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #15

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Better than a seat sniffer like you

dadgummit
Old 06-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #16
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
My passenger seat belt had the same problem. IF the above doesn't work and you can't find a replacement belt, there is a company on ebay called I think MyAirbags Inc. that will refurbish your original seat belt for $65 with all new tensioners and internals and overnight it back to you. This is what I did works like a charm again.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #17
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are like this too ill have to try this
Old 06-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #19
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hmm. will look at link. also may try cleaning.

dads 2000 tundra’s are really bad!! have been for a few years. i’ll see if same methods work on it. edit: will also look at tundra talk agin. took the tundra to dealer last week and go pissed off at seat belt.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #20

well its fun to play guess that smell on a long trip.