1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SAS TIME

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by yotanation29, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Aug 19, 2012 at 10:35 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    sir...i love your old truck. I want it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Aug 19, 2012 at 10:44 PM
    thegame

thegame Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Folsom, CA
    Thanks guys. I want my old truck back too but the newest owner is putting a LS1 and 1 tons under it LOL Safe to say he won't be giving it up. Guess I just have to build this truck up similar to my old one ;)

3. Aug 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

For what its worth I think it's almost always better when ya build your own truck , even if it's not "the shit" or if its not some one elses cup of tea, you def. appreciate it more & learn a hell of alot along the way, I come from a time when there were no aftermarket companies, no allpro no ORW, no DSMS !!!! Although Sonny was wheeling back then ( he an old fart like me) don't think he had a shop , The first offroad dist./install shop was Dick Cepek & Rough Country (they sucked back then too...:D)

4. Aug 20, 2012 at 6:08 AM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Supercharged Lifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R Supercharged
    Supercharged on One Tons
    Well hello Brian, generalee7/Brain... I do agree with you that not everyone needs to slap a D60 in right off the bat.. Considering most people do go with a D44 first. I am stating that with a V8 you should run a D60, People break tons with 4 cyls...

I have always been a fan of your truck and have followed some of the threads you created way back when, for as much of a bad ass you are, I am surprised you even came over the the TW community. Why didn't you use your original UN's that you use on pirate, or even TTORA? Hmm :rolleyes:

Op, enjoy your fun with your truck ;)

5. Aug 20, 2012 at 5:54 PM
    thegame

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Folsom, CA
    Well ya know, now I have an IFS double cab and am trying to buy a house so spending thousands to axle swap this truck isn't happening so I'll work with what I have and do little mods here and there; this place is good for that. I need my own garage so I can take my time and build it exactly how I want to.

generalee7 came first and has been a screen name for a long time. TTORA used to be the same but Brain stuck better so I had Shannon change it for me. I'd change my Pirate screen name but they don't allow it. I'll stay at member 16,000 something forever :D

6. Aug 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM
    P_Tree

P_Tree Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Beavercreek, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    1995 1/2 Tacoma
    Custom plate bumper Trail Gear sliders/rear bumper Magnaflow exhuast Warn M8000 Winch Rocklights 8" Hella Fogs Cargo Bed Basket Tint 35 12.5 KM2s SAS Swap CB and PA Hids 8k highs and lows Fogs 12 inch alpine sub Spec intake Blacked out Grill, Emblems, etc...
    So I have been reading this thread for the last couple days. Go to my build thread and read the beginning of it. I got hounded saying my idea was stupid and I couldn't do. Even by yours truly supraTT lol I did my build and showed everyone up that hated on me. I have 96 sas dana 44 that was on 35s and 40s with 4:88s. I broke so much stuff with 35s and actually less stuff on 40s but sometimes it was rallying hard like supra and me like to do or crawling. Either way snap, pop and boom axle is weak. As of today my dana 44 is out and my dana 60 will be on its way under my truck tomorrow. So what im trying to say is a 44 is a waist of time and money unless you just drive it on the road for looks. You can try and run croms and cmz u joints at 200 bucks a piece. Im just trying to save you money in the long run. Supra may be a little intense but he is right. You can even narrow the 60 if you don't like it that wide. I know what im talking about all my friends and I do is build toyotas. For pete sake part of my tattoo has a toyota emblem. Hahaha I would rather see you throw a toyota axle under there and switch transfer cases. Do as you please though man.

7. Aug 22, 2012 at 7:23 AM
    alove0750

alove0750 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Concord, NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB 4x4
    Icon coilovers, shocks and springs SPC Upper Control Arms SCS Ray 10’s w/ 265/70R17 BFG KO2’s Leer 100XR shell
    2nd that... When I started my SAS SupraTT can come off as a jerk. Looking back he hit the nail on the head with just about everything he said. He's just trying to help and not blow sunshine up your ass about how cool it's going to be. He wheels the immortal hell out of his truck and know's what works and what doesn't. Take what he says into consideration and don't let him get under your skin, he's harmless :rolleyes:

As far as the yota axle... just air and oppertunity my friend! Best thing I've done to my truck and I have no regrets. The only thing I do wish I had done was hold out for an FJ80 axle... but the mini axle is holding up good so far, but down the road I will have FJ80's front and rear if I can help it :cool:

8. Aug 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    P_Tree

P_Tree Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Beavercreek, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    1995 1/2 Tacoma
    Custom plate bumper Trail Gear sliders/rear bumper Magnaflow exhuast Warn M8000 Winch Rocklights 8" Hella Fogs Cargo Bed Basket Tint 35 12.5 KM2s SAS Swap CB and PA Hids 8k highs and lows Fogs 12 inch alpine sub Spec intake Blacked out Grill, Emblems, etc...
    Im not trying to talk shit and run my mouth like a lot of people like to do. I am simply giving advice and telling my personal experience. He can do what he wants with it. I was just trying to help.

9. Aug 22, 2012 at 10:04 AM
    tacoman15

tacoman15 Boobies

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Northeast Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD OR & 1985 SR5 4Runner
    And boom goes the dynamite.

Lol sorry I just recently read through your build and the statement in bold made me laugh.

10. Oct 14, 2012 at 5:26 PM
    yotanation29

yotanation29 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ADRIEL
    CHULA VISTA
    Vehicle:
    98 TRD
    all pro upper a arms, icon extended travel 3", bumper cb, clarion nav, and much more to come!!
    Finally got my axles and tires, now I just need coilovers. I won't be using these leaf springs or perches, if anyone wants them let me know, local pick up only ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350260763.880802.jpg

11. Oct 16, 2012 at 7:29 PM
    Redneck92

Redneck92 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Concord, NC
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma Limited TRD
    Just the norm skids, sliders, & 35's
    8 lug hp44 and d60? Surprised that Adam(alove) is the only one that mentioned FJ axles. Then you would have axles that are stupid strong and still Toyota.

12. Oct 17, 2012 at 7:08 AM
    yotanation29

Member:
    First Name:
    ADRIEL
    CHULA VISTA
    Vehicle:
    98 TRD
    all pro upper a arms, icon extended travel 3", bumper cb, clarion nav, and much more to come!!
    It's a Dana 60 front and a sterling 10.25 rear

13. Apr 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    yotanation29

Member:
    First Name:
    ADRIEL
    CHULA VISTA
    Vehicle:
    98 TRD
    just ordered my link kits from ruffstuff, i plan on doing a 3 link front and rear now i need my coilovers. the guy helping me with the build reccomends ads, theyre in his words the best bang for your buck. from what ive researched, they seem more ideal for buggies and racing, not so much for a 1 ton built for wheeling. does anyone have experience with them?

14. Apr 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    thegame

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Folsom, CA
    I saw some guys with ADS shocks at King of the Hammers. Race truck or not, a coilover is still just a coilover. Race trucks just have more tuning time on theirs since us casual wheelers don't necessitate that kind of performance :cool: Personally, I'm going with either Radflos or Profender. I can get 14" 2.0 remote reservoir Profenders for $570 shipped plus about $250 in springs give or take some.

Products Discussed in

To Top