Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I need a 1997 Tacoma front end diagram!

Old 06-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I need a 1997 Tacoma front end diagram!

I've got sealed beams, light mounts, corners, grille and filler for a 1997 Tacoma.

I'm doing a front end swap but I'm wondering if the core support is the same for 1997 as the 1998 or 1999. I'm tearing the truck apart next week but any help would be great!
Old 06-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
I've got sealed beams, light mounts, corners, grille and filler for a 1997 Tacoma.

I'm doing a front end swap but I'm wondering if the core support is the same for 1997 as the 1998 or 1999. I'm tearing the truck apart next week but any help would be great!
You better take lots of pictures and provide the most detailed walkthrough in the history of walkthroughs
Old 06-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This is all I have. Page 4 might help
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 95-2000_parts_list.pdf (5.85 MB, 86 views)
Old 06-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
This is all I have. Page 4 might help

Thank you!

It seems the core support had different model numbers in the two years, hopefully I can still mount the sealed beam on the support currently installed. Everything else looks like lines right up. I'm probably also going to have to change the plugs for the lights.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #6

Quote:

Thank you!

It seems the core support had different model numbers in the two years, hopefully I can still mount the sealed beam on the support currently installed. Everything else looks like lines right up. I'm probably also going to have to change the plugs for the lights.
I've noticed a lot of parts, that are exactly the same, have different part numbers for the different eras. Just Toyota's way of being anal retentive I guess.

Seriously man.... be my hero and do a detailed write up on this, replete with tons of pics.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #7
Whyareyoureadingthis?

I'll try my best man. I will shoot a bunch of pictures for you. I don't think it's been done before, 99 to 97.

I wont be doing the swap until at least Tuesday. I need the truck this weekend and I dont want to tear down and then have to put all the 99 parts back on if I need something else to complete it.

Like I said, the only worry for me is the sealed beams mounting up, it looks like the same shit but who knows until I get it torn off.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Old 06-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #9
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Excited to see this project unfold
Old 06-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #10
mizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mac
mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
Little advice..buy extra clips for the grill, they snap easily. o and sell those headlights, get yourself a set of hella headlights or roundeyes. I have the roundeyes and so do many others....X1000 better. they arent sealed beam so you can replace your own headlight.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #11

Quote:
I'll try my best man. I will shoot a bunch of pictures for you. I don't think it's been done before, 99 to 97.

I wont be doing the swap until at least Tuesday. I need the truck this weekend and I dont want to tear down and then have to put all the 99 parts back on if I need something else to complete it.

Like I said, the only worry for me is the sealed beams mounting up, it looks like the same shit but who knows until I get it torn off.
STLHarry did an 01-04 to 97. That's about it.

I've been talking about it, reading about it and dreaming about it for about a year.

I just wanna say, good luck, we're all counting on you.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzac View Post
Little advice..buy extra clips for the grill, they snap easily. o and sell those headlights, get yourself a set of hella headlights or roundeyes. I have the roundeyes and so do many others....X1000 better. they arent sealed beam so you can replace your own headlight.
Little more advice. Forget the clips and just use zip ties.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #13
Whyareyoureadingthis?

I do plan on eventually getting round eyes, though I'm sure light wont be an issue. have the power of a thousand suns at the flick of a switch!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #14
mizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mac
mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Little more advice. Forget the clips and just use zip ties.
Even better idea lol

Quote:
I do plan on eventually getting round eyes, though I'm sure light wont be an issue. have the power of a thousand suns at the flick of a switch!
Good to hear. But its a huge issue trust me. Ive got 4 hid hellas adn 2 d2s on the front of my truck. Doesnt matter when cars are coming at you these headlights have paid for themselves in avoiding deer at night.

Cant wait to see the swap man. What made you wanna change?
Old 07-03-2012, 06:28 AM   #17

Old 07-03-2012, 08:36 AM   #18
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Just got back from the beach last night.

This is where I'm at. Theres no way my sealed beam housing is going to directly mount. LOL I need to find a 97 front end with the beams out and see what it is I'm missing.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:37 AM   #19
Whyareyoureadingthis?

This the beam I have. I'm wondering what allows this peice to bolt onto the radiator support!

Old 07-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #20
Whyareyoureadingthis?

This is the difference in the two supports.

This is what I have.

http://www.autobodypartsnow.com/1997...-support-19802

This is what I need.