Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Are my leafs done??

Old 06-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Are my leafs done??

Here are some pics.

65k on my 2003.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Look good to me
Old 06-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Yup looks good. They are still smiling. Unless you want us to talk you into a lift kit. Then we could re-evaluate the situation.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Look good to me
Im just asking cause my rear squeaks every time I go thru bumpy roads.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
My 1st gen ones would squeak when I was mall crawling over the speed bumps.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektor View Post
Im just asking cause my rear squeaks every time I go thru bumpy roads.
Dirt in the springs. use a high pressure washer and spray the ever loving shit out of them. If that doesnt work, brake fluid ( DO NOT GET IT ON PAINT!) has worked for me in the past. If those dont work, break them lose, clean them out, and re assemble.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #8
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dirt in the springs. use a high pressure washer and spray the ever loving shit out of them. If that doesnt work, brake fluid ( DO NOT GET IT ON PAINT!) has worked for me in the past. If those dont work, break them lose, clean them out, and re assemble.
X2
Old 06-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #9

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Would do!! Thanks for all the fast responses. I guess I be saving some cash since I dont have to replace them yet.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #10
BuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckWells is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
BuckWells's Tacoma Gallery
those look fine. you should see mine if you're worried about yours.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #11
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Sheeeeeeeet... mine looked like that

8 years ago
Old 06-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #13
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
That's what mine look like
Old 06-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #14
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
Mine too! except one leaf on the drivers side is split....
Old 06-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #15

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
na they look ok, mayb an AAL if you need a little more out of them

for reference OP, this is what shot leaves look like

Wow I know what they look like!! I boy do any off road driving nor put heavy stuff on the bed. So I dnt think I need a aal.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #16
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
They look fine. I wish mine were that happy looking
Old 06-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #17
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
If you dont offroad hard or carry heavy loads they got some life left, when they go to negative ARC, come talk to me.... as far as the squeak could be dirt in between leafs, or might be spring bushings either at the shakle end (rear) or the hanger end (front) don't put any type of heavy lubricant/grease or anything like that on your springs, All it does is attract dirt,etc;....
Old 06-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #18

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
If you dont offroad hard or carry heavy loads they got some life left, when they go to negative ARC, come talk to me.... as far as the squeak could be dirt in between leafs, or might be spring bushings either at the shakle end (rear) or the hanger end (front) don't put any type of heavy lubricant/grease or anything like that on your springs, All it does is attract dirt,etc;....
So if the pressure washer dnt fix it I need to replace spring bushings???
Old 06-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #19
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektor View Post
So if the pressure washer dnt fix it I need to replace spring bushings???

If it is your bushings its probably dirt/or too dry between the shakle pins (where the springs slide on to) & the center sleeve in the bushing...

Here its ok to use a little lithium grease or other non petroleum based heavy lube .. (petro based lubes will rot the rubber bushings over time..
Old 06-28-2012, 09:17 PM   #20

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
If it is your bushings its probably dirt/or too dry between the shakle pins (where the springs slide on to) & the center sleeve in the bushing...

Here its ok to use a little lithium grease or other non petroleum based heavy lube .. (petro based lubes will rot the rubber bushings over time..
Cool thanks man.