Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Finally! Spray on Bedliner fenders and grill

Old 06-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
"thats what she said"
01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future

Name: joe
01taquito's Tacoma Gallery
Finally! Spray on Bedliner fenders and grill

after reading alot and seeing so many mixed reviews, i decided to
pull the trigger on getting my fender flares back to black using the spray on bed liner method. i didnt plan very well but this is how it turned out.

bought three cans total at $11 per

im sure you all know what a 1st gen Tacoma looks like without fender flares and a front grill.... heres my naked taco

this is what it looked like after i sprayed the front bumper and put it back on. i took the bumper off i one piece and separated it into 3 pieces to make the process a little easier

i broke the passenger sidemarker taking it off. i ordered new ones through RockAuto. $18 with shipping.

i thought it would look dumb having new sidemarkers with my old dull headlights, so i order new ones from 1Aauto. $69 with shipping. and i couldnt ignore my blinkers so i ordered new ones, $12 from A1auto as well

i would recomend 1Aauto and RockAuto to anyone. good prices and fast shipping. the parts i bought were not very expensive and everything fit as good as the factory parts. i am very pleased with how easy the duplicolor spray on bedliner was to use. it also has a nice texture. not very gritty but just enough. and my fenders are black again.

looks way better in person...... of course
Old 06-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, I did my rocker panels in that same stuff and it's holding up well.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
diesel tech
AddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud of

Name: wyatt
AddicTioN's Tacoma Gallery
looks good i had liner on my cummins and its tough stuff special when you drive gravel roads a lot it saves your paint!...for a little while anyways haha
Old 06-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
"thats what she said"
01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future01taquito has a brilliant future

i put alot of effort into the prep with hopes that it will hold up. how long ago did u do yours?
Old 06-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #5
diesel tech
AddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud of

Name: wyatt
AddicTioN's Tacoma Gallery
about 20 thousand miles or so.. it has held up great minus a few spots flaking off but i do drive on gravel roads.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
"thats what she said"

thx. just glad to have tacoma freshened up.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #7
Faryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mic
Faryota's Tacoma Gallery
Wow I like the looks of that!!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
"thats what she said"

thx. i had packages waiting on my front door 3 days this week. my wife was like "what the hell". better toask for forgiveness than for permission .... mostly
Old 06-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
Im digging this!!! Im tired of using Back-To-Black every month!! Did you do any sanding at all for prep?
Old 06-30-2012, 05:27 AM   #10
"thats what she said"

yeah. alot of sanding. what i used was a wire wheel and a drill. i needed to get the old paint off, plus scuff the surface per the duplicolor instructions. wire wheel seemed to do the trick.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:41 AM   #11
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
I did the tops of my bed rails when i got my tonneau and just used a drill and wire wheel, that was two years ago and it's still holding up. Easiest way to prep, lots quicker than sanding.