Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear diff oil:Toyota or Mobil1, Amsoil, etc.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
jeepdude's Tacoma Gallery
Rear diff oil:Toyota or Mobil1, Amsoil, etc.

I've been a Mobil1 customer for years, however I'm reading a few complaints here, and on the other Tacoma forum, about non-factory synthetic lubes for the rear locking diff. Since the Toyota product is also synthetic, I'm thinking about using that....What do you all use?
Old 06-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
cstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carl
cstephan's Tacoma Gallery
Redline 75-85
Old 06-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
jeepdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstephan View Post
Redline 75-85
any additional additives?
Old 06-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
cstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdude View Post
any additional additives?
No need, its a locker, not a limited slip
Old 06-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
KingToaster is on a distinguished road

Name: Alan
KingToaster's Tacoma Gallery
I have mobile 1 my rear and front diff as well as transfer case and have had zero problems with it.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #7

I run redline fluid in my trans, T-case, front and rear diff. we use the same fluid in the race car i work on. Redline is top notch stuff, I only use redline and Mobil 1 in all my cars and bikes.

My old ranger, 03 with 162,000... ran 35's on stock gears, and i beat that truck like a redheaded step child, and took diff cover off, very little signs of wear.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
I just changed my rear diff fluid with Lucus 80-140 non syn with LSD additive.
Guys got a locker, not a LSD.. and toyota calls for 75-85 light weight gear oil... for tight TOL. in bearing and gears