Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

$400 to spend: Bumper or new tires

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2012, 06:27 AM   #1
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
$400 to spend: Bumper or new tires

I got about 400 spending cash saved up (I know, baller) and Im looking for a nice $400-500 front bumper or get or some new tires (replace the 265/70's).

Can someone point me to a few $400 bumper options so I can compare?
Old 06-30-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
ToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoTaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ToyoTaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Trail gear low profile.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
diesel tech
AddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud ofAddicTioN has much to be proud of

Name: wyatt
AddicTioN's Tacoma Gallery
i say tires and fab you a bumper with someone you know.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoTaco02 View Post
Trail gear low profile.
Looks good on SAS but not so sure with IFS. Maybe if I can get a custom fab skid plate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddicTioN View Post
i say tires and fab you a bumper with someone you know.
I know someone who can fab one but I dont think he has the time...
Old 06-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #5
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoTaco02 View Post
Trail gear low profile.
Look into addicted offroad there bumpers are same as trail gear but has stronger points
Old 06-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #6
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Heather
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
This is the type of bumper I have. I'm very happy with it and would recommend it:

http://www.addictedoffroad.com/index...u8tvvv9v1s0ql5
Old 06-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #7
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Look into addicted offroad there bumpers are same as trail gear but has stronger points
Looks good with custom skid plate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
This is the type of bumper I have. I'm very happy with it and would recommend it:

Can you get some pics up?
Old 06-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #9
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Heather
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post

Can you get some pics up?
Here is mine on my truck:

The link I posted is for your Tacoma. But, they look pretty much the same.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #10
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post

I'd recommend it too.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #11
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh
mountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cory
mountainman94's Tacoma Gallery
My vote is to replace the flimsy piece of plastic they call a bumper...I really want to replace mine too because mines smashed on one side.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #12
Wait for it...

That looks about perfect. I might have to pull the trigger but my tires are still a bit small...

I was leaning towards bigger tires and sell current 265/70 BFG AT for about $300 (still over 1/2 tread left) and get some other accessories such as:

http://www.amazon.com/121190-Toyota-...ar=1&carId=001

Or keep the money and continue to save for the bumper... Ill have to keep my eye on the FS section and hope a good deal pops up.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #13
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Tires. Then bumper buy expensive stuff first so your. Not wasting your money on little things that you don't need
Old 06-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #14
2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough

2004tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...els-360-a.html
Tires
Old 06-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #15
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
Yea get some tires man, hard to sport a nice new bumper with no tires to roll out on!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #16
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know about the price for a bumper but $400 won't get you much in the tire dept.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #17
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004tacoprerunner View Post
Great deal but not local .

Quote:
Originally Posted by twfsa View Post
I don't know about the price for a bumper but $400 won't get you much in the tire dept.
It will if I get them used .
Old 07-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
Submariner is on a distinguished road

Navy: Retired Submariner
Name: Wayne
Submariner's Tacoma Gallery
If you need tires for your truck, be safe buy new tires. Bumpers won't help if you have a blow out at 65mph.

Enough said
Old 07-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #19
drubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant futuredrubacca117 has a brilliant future

Air Force: Avionics Craftsman, 33 AMXS, 33 Fighter Wing
Name: Brad
drubacca117's Tacoma Gallery
You should buy $390 dollars in horsepower increasing stickers and a $10 trucker hat to commemorate... hehe... Naw, I'd go with the tires, unless the ones you have are still fine, then get what will make you happiest, even if it means saving longer and getting a bigger mod
Old 07-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #20
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery

Products Discussed in this Thread