Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

CBI Bolt-On Slider Install Problem

Old 06-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Brad H is on a distinguished road
Air Force: TSgt
Brad H's Tacoma Gallery
CBI Bolt-On Slider Install Problem

So, after all the research I figured the driver's side would be the difficult side so I did that first. No issues at all.

However, when I got to the passenger's side I've found that the bolt holes are covered by the frame rail near the front side. I jacked it up so the it was close to lifting the front tires off and I still can't slide the bolts through. If it's any help all but one of the bolts on this side had to have a little bit of persuasion to get through (hammer).

Anybody else run into anything like this? Any ideas, short of drilling new holes as I want that to be my last resort.

-Brad
Old 06-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Only 1 won't go through? Drill it and quit whining
Old 06-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
Brad H's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for your enlightening comment but it's the front bracket and then one on the bracket before that. Then on the 3rd bracket I'm going to have to pound the floor up a little for the nut to fit.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Can you take any pictures? Have you called CBI... they are the creators of it and should be able to help you more than us.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #5
Brad H's Tacoma Gallery
I left my camera at work for a project and phone pics hardly ever help. I'll try contacting CBI tomorrow. I know they have great customer service, but i figured they'd be closed on the weekend. Looking more I think I'm going to have to just drill the holes out a little. Just don't want to go too much and weaken the metal.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #6
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
the little you would have to drill will not weaken your frame
Old 05-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Brad H's Tacoma Gallery
Update...Turned out the body mounts were wore out. Replaced those and it slid right on.