1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CBI Bolt-On Slider Install Problem

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Brad H, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Jun 30, 2012 at 9:43 AM
    Brad H

Brad H [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lisbon Falls, ME
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 SR5
    Deck Plate, Marlin Crawler Rear Bumper, All-Pro APEX Front Bumper and Skids, Bilstein 5100s w/ Eibach Springs front, Wheelers 5Pak w/ OME, '01 Tundra Front Brakes, CBI Bolt-on Sliders, More to come
    So, after all the research I figured the driver's side would be the difficult side so I did that first. No issues at all.

However, when I got to the passenger's side I've found that the bolt holes are covered by the frame rail near the front side. I jacked it up so the it was close to lifting the front tires off and I still can't slide the bolts through. If it's any help all but one of the bolts on this side had to have a little bit of persuasion to get through (hammer).

Anybody else run into anything like this? Any ideas, short of drilling new holes as I want that to be my last resort.

-Brad

2. Jun 30, 2012 at 9:46 AM
    PAlittlematty

PAlittlematty "the soulless ginger"

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Beech Creek, PA
    Vehicle:
    I miss my taco
    OME Lift, 885 Coils, 13MM Top Spacer, Dakar Leafs, DSM UCAs, Homeroshi Flush Mount Grille, WeatherTech Digifit Mats, Bestop Super Top, Toyota Bed Extender, Clevice Receiver 1990 SR5 3.slow SAS 5” Leafs, high pinion diff, 37” PBRs, MC rear, AP front bumpers, 5.29s, locked
    Only 1 won't go through? Drill it and quit whining

ecgreen likes this.
  3. Jun 30, 2012 at 9:54 AM
    Brad H

Member:
    Lisbon Falls, ME
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 SR5
    Deck Plate, Marlin Crawler Rear Bumper, All-Pro APEX Front Bumper and Skids, Bilstein 5100s w/ Eibach Springs front, Wheelers 5Pak w/ OME, '01 Tundra Front Brakes, CBI Bolt-on Sliders, More to come
    Thanks for your enlightening comment but it's the front bracket and then one on the bracket before that. Then on the 3rd bracket I'm going to have to pound the floor up a little for the nut to fit.

4. Jun 30, 2012 at 1:20 PM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Supercharged Lifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R Supercharged
    Supercharged on One Tons
    Can you take any pictures? Have you called CBI... they are the creators of it and should be able to help you more than us.

5. Jun 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    Brad H

Member:
    Lisbon Falls, ME
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 SR5
    I left my camera at work for a project and phone pics hardly ever help. I'll try contacting CBI tomorrow. I know they have great customer service, but i figured they'd be closed on the weekend. Looking more I think I'm going to have to just drill the holes out a little. Just don't want to go too much and weaken the metal.

6. Jun 30, 2012 at 9:23 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    the little you would have to drill will not weaken your frame

7. May 19, 2013 at 2:15 PM
    Brad H

Member:
    Lisbon Falls, ME
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 SR5
    Update...Turned out the body mounts were wore out. Replaced those and it slid right on.

8. May 19, 2013 at 3:40 PM
    Lumpskie

Lumpskie Independent Thinker

Member:
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    '96, 4x4, v6, manual hub
    Toytec 16" coilovers with Tundra Bilstein 5100s, Light Racing UCAs, Alcan Leafs with Orbit Eyes, 12" Bilstein 7100 short Bodies, ARB rear locker, 33x12.5 Duratracs, CBI sliders, Bushwacker fender flares, self made front bumper, M8000, Vision X 6.7" Hi/Lo Beam HIDs, full skids, Inchworm dual case setup - 15º clocking
    ^Good to know. My CBI was an easy install as well. They seem to have high quality products.

Products Discussed in

To Top