Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My v6 Just Got 23 MPG!!

Old 06-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
My v6 Just Got 23 MPG!!

Ya...

I couldnt believe it when I checked, I drove to Oregon today to go fishing and set my cruise at 60 mph and just cruised

Couldn't be happier with my truck right now
Old 06-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
where in eastern wa you at? I have a place in ellensburg
The closest major town is Yakima to me "which i hate"

Ellensburg is awesome, my parents are retired there. Very nice people and a great town
Old 06-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Thats GOOD MPG.
I got 20 mpg running 80 MPH at 3k rpm. Of course-ETHANOL. REAL GAS would have been better.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #5

Ya this was on ethanol free gas and low outside temps, By far the best gas mileage ive gotten
Old 06-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
That's great. I think the major factor here would be the fact you kept it 60mph. Driving habits are the key to improved mileage. Smooth and easy wins the race when it comes to MPG. BTW, I couldn't agree more, Ellensburg is a great town!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I got 23 MPG driving up to Moab loaded down with firewood and camping stuff and on 32's. It was because I was doing about 60mph and going easy on the gas.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #8
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Life is short--GO FAST--the most you can get away with!
Old 06-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #9
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
I don't mean to brag, but I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico
Old 06-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEDEER View Post
I don't mean to brag, but I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico
Lmao
Old 06-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by newertoy View Post
Life is short--GO FAST--the most you can get away with!
If i get another ticket I loose my insurance so.... I will do the speed limit hahaha
Old 06-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #12
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
have some family in Goldendale and have had to go to Yakima a few times for trips and extended family. F yakima.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #13
subwayaz is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft, Maint
subwayaz's Tacoma Gallery
That's SWEET man. I haven't figured mine out yet but I would be stoked if it comes out close overall.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
have some family in Goldendale and have had to go to Yakima a few times for trips and extended family. F yakima.
Truer words have never been spoken.. Yakima =
Old 06-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #15
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
The tank prior to this one I got 24.4 mpg. By far the best I've ever gotten
Old 06-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #16
2000toyota is on a distinguished road

2000toyota's Tacoma Gallery
Did you catch any fish?
Old 07-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #17
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
where did you find ethanol free gas? I drove from Salt Lake to Seattle and back this last week.

best i averaged was 21, that was cruising for 4 hours through flat boring-ass idaho, with cruise at 75
Old 07-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #18
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderleet View Post
where did you find ethanol free gas? I drove from Salt Lake to Seattle and back this last week.

best i averaged was 21, that was cruising for 4 hours through flat boring-ass idaho, with cruise at 75
I've found it in Norman OK.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #19

The local conoco station Carries ethanol free gas for the same price as mixed stations
Old 07-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #20
ExOkie is on a distinguished road

Name: Gary
ExOkie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
I've found it in Norman OK.
Yep lots of ethanol free gas stations in OK. As others have said I believe it was the cruise set at 60 and cool temps that helped most. I got 22.7 on my last trip to OK from Denver but sticking to the back roads, cruise at 65 most of the trip, short shifting and favorable winds. At 60 I'm afraid I'd be a rolling roadblock on most highways!