Notices

motor shutting off ater heavy throttle

Old 06-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
MY DIXIE WRECKED
ebayollis is on a distinguished road
Name: josh
ebayollis's Tacoma Gallery
motor shutting off ater heavy throttle

for the past few monhs ive noticed when i driving my truck around 45-55mph nd then WOT to pass a person,as soon as i get around them the truck dies.
i have to pump the gas to get it to restart and when it does its dies again. It takes about 3-4 times f this and it finally runs...i was thinking maybe a clogged fuel filter but i changed it and it still does it...
as long as I drive normally and dont wide open throttle, its does fine.
My truck just started reading a p0420 code but this problem has been occuring much longer than the code has been showing.
the truck has 180xxx miles and has never gave me any trouble...any ideas?
Old 07-01-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Fuel Pump.....
Old 07-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGRL View Post
Fuel Pump.....

X3245435643653454145656586
Old 07-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
MY DIXIE WRECKED
sso does everyone think fuel pump?
Old 07-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think so. So what you are saying is you can cruise fine, but when you whack it, I mean really giver hell, it will stall unless you keep the pedal down. If you take foot off the gas it just dies again right? But this is only on a sudden skinny pedal attack, you can slowly get it up to the redline and back off with no issue.

My truck has done this since I bought it, it isn't the fuel pump. I think if anything, the computer is trying to send more fuel too fast causing it to flood. but I really don't know. My fuel pump has over 200k miles and hasn't taken a shit yet. Might just be a sensor causing it. What, if any, mods do you have done?
Old 07-04-2012, 04:07 AM   #6
MY DIXIE WRECKED
after i WOT it dies no matter what...if i ease off of it or just completely let off the throttle. only mod i have is a K&N air filter...had it since day one but this just started happening maybe a year ago
And it only seems to do it after cruising for a while...after changing the fuel filter i got out onthe highway and hammered it and it was fine so i thought i fixed it...but my whife and i were going down the interstae the otherday and i hammered it to pass a car and it stalls out and dies when i get around the car....then i have the pump the gas to get it to start again....

i
Old 07-04-2012, 04:19 AM   #7
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
id get the fuel pressure tested. if the filter is in fact good, the next suspect would be the fuel pump.

do you have any check engine lights on?

You might consider the timing, when was the last time you had the chain/belt adjusted/changed/timed?
Old 07-04-2012, 04:51 AM   #8
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Fuel pressure is the only non variable it is fixed and it must be with in spec. every thing else depends on a fixed pressure. So the first thing before blame can be placed on any thing else is fuel pressure check. The code is probably from a lean mix possibly from low fuel pressure at wot.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #9
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Just because you cannot adjust the pressure, does not meana faulty part can't.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:32 AM   #10
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensystemsgo View Post
Just because you cannot adjust the pressure, does not meana faulty part can't.
Bingo! that's the point.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #11
Mray2007 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Mray2007's Tacoma Gallery
I've been having this same issue, I thought it was the chip in my ignition key because I had gottin it wet and sometime my truck will not start, after replacing the key the truck ran fine for about a month, now it will run fine unless I get the rpms up over 3k, if I get over 3k the truck will shut off and I have to stop pull over and restart it. My check engine light is on a says I have a bad o2 sensor, and these are gonna cost me about $260 for the 2 I need, I'm wondering if the o2 sensor could cause my vehicle to stall like it does?