Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

LED VS HID'S

Old 07-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
mtxsub is on a distinguished road

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
LED VS HID'S

I'm looking to get different headlights hid or led?
Old 07-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
Mxer256 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxsub View Post
What one is easy to install and has a long life and what lights up the road the best?
Leds are not for low or high beams. They are basically DRL's. Hids are very bright depending on the company you order from. Retrofitting some is projectors with an HID is the ultimate way to get but is fairly expensive and you would have to Build them yourself. But as far as plung and play the hid kit is great.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxsub View Post
What one is easy to install and has a long life and what lights up the road the best?
i you referring to headlights or "off road" lights?
Old 07-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
Mxer256 will become famous soon enough

Name: Tyler
Mxer256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
Good point. That would make since why he said Leds...
Old 07-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
Name: Josh
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
LEDs are brighter, but the light does not go as far as HID's. LEDs also use less power.

7700 lumen light bar and ~ 7500 lumen HIDs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bj9G...6&feature=plcp

Longer distance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7SYH...5&feature=plcp
Old 07-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #6

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
led vs hid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
headlights
Old 07-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #7
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
There are no LED headlights on the market yet. At least none for tacomas, otherwise youd have to find a way to retro some Audi LED headlights onto the truck, and that would be $$$ / a whole lotta r&d
Old 07-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #8
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
There are no LED headlights on the market yet. At least none for tacomas, otherwise youd have to find a way to retro some Audi LED headlights onto the truck, and that would be $$$ / a whole lotta r&d
Ive seen led headlights on a 97 tacoma. Somewhere in the last 10 pages of the 1st gen what did you do thread
Old 07-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Ive seen led headlights on a 97 tacoma. Somewhere in the last 10 pages of the 1st gen what did you do thread
Sure they weren't fogs? I've seen those, but not headlights

I'll try look
Old 07-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #10
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sure they weren't fogs? I've seen those, but not headlights

I'll try look
Nope headlights. That looked smoked and had a led bar inside. Can't remember his name. All I can remember is he had an ARB bumper. He even gave a link
Old 07-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #11
Aight
sernaj64 is on a distinguished road
Name: Juan
sernaj64's Tacoma Gallery
pardon my noobness but are led plug and play for like break lights and turn signals and dome /map light so on and so forth?? if so... where do i get them
Old 07-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Nope headlights. That looked smoked and had a led bar inside. Can't remember his name. All I can remember is he had an ARB bumper. He even gave a link
Ah, found them. awesome, but 480 for a pair is steeeeep

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post5268390
Old 07-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #13
The Least Interesting Man In The World
trmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrmarshall1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Lance Corporal, H&HS, Provost Marshal's Office, Military Police
Name: Tim
trmarshall1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ah, found them. awesome, but 480 for a pair is steeeeep

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post5268390
Yeah, you can get a whole new set of assemblies and an FX-R kit from TRS for that, less even. Just gotta have the time and patience to build them.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #14

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
Well thanks everyone for the help. But it looks like PIAA light bulbs are mine. No job = boring tacoma but what can i say it's hard out here for a pimp.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #15
LaTechLogan is on a distinguished road
Name: Logan
LaTechLogan's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking to see if they made LED headlights for our vehicles and ran across these H4 LED headlights...

http://www.1topstore.com/en-usd/car-...2v-p13732.html

I don't know enough about lighting to know if they would be worth trying, but maybe someone else does.