LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Who's knows about TG axles

Old 07-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
661prerunner has a spectacular aura about661prerunner has a spectacular aura about

661prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Who's knows about TG axles

Im looking to get new axles for my taco and came up on these.
4340 CHROMOLY REAR TACOMA AXLE SHAFTS from Trail gear

Does anybody have these or know of anybody?

Would you recommend them?

Is the Tacoma axle worth beefing up?

Any input would help on these I looking to order them some time soon if I decide to go with them.

Either way I need new axles and want something durable for occasional offroading.

Scroll to bottom
http://www.trail-gear.com/tacoma-axl...ngs-and-shafts
Old 07-02-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
The taco isn't worth beefing up, however many people run 37s with no issues. Trail gear is alright but there are better options. Try longfield or marlin crawler. They make excellent product.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
The stock Tacoma axle shafts are just fine as is. They don't really need beefing up unless you're running bigger than 37's. And at that rate, your rear diff probably doesn't like you very much.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #4
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
really bigger then 35's and you might twist em. they tend to break right at the splines into the diff. so you'll be left with a 2.5" section and then the rest....

depending on what your doing, cyro them!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #5
661prerunner has a spectacular aura about661prerunner has a spectacular aura about

Well Im running 33s now but I might eventually run 35s it's not decided but either way I don't think it would hurt beefing up the axles on 33s

Also what's the difference between Marlin and TG. Besides price they seem about the same product. Is one company more reputable or why would one over the other stand out?
Old 07-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #6

Also I plan on caging the back one day will weight play a big factor. I'm guessing it does. So any info would help
Old 07-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #7
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
I twisted mine with 39" Krawlers and a single case with 4.70 gears. I upgraded to the TG chromo axles and haven't had a problem yet. I have plenty of crawler friends who all run the TG shafts with out any problems..Longfield doesn't have rear shafts, only fronts and MarlinCrawler has rear shafts but they are Yukon's. If you get new axles I would suggest new bearings and axle seals at the same time
Old 07-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
I twisted mine with 39" Krawlers and a single case with 4.70 gears. I upgraded to the TG chromo axles and haven't had a problem yet. I have plenty of crawler friends who all run the TG shafts with out any problems..Longfield doesn't have rear shafts, only fronts and MarlinCrawler has rear shafts but they are Yukon's. If you get new axles I would suggest new bearings and axle seals at the same time
Yeah I want to freshen up the whole rear end. Is there a specific bearing and seal you would recommend? Also I might do gears while I have it apart I have the stock 4:10s but I think it's good on the 33s but i might possibly go to 35s just not sure should i just upgrade even if i dont get 35s of it wouldnt be worth it unless I get 35s
Old 07-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellride001 View Post
Sounds like the stock axles would work for you, but if you want the beef...
I am running them because my 01 is superchargered, dual cases and running 40"s, soon to be 42"s.

All in all I thought the price was decent.

Another alternative to look into would be Nitro Gear and Axle.

Gearing to 4.56 sounds like it would be right.
Thanks I'll look in to that, and maybe i wont need then added piece of mind is never a bad thing

and im gonna do somemore research on the gears too but I think I might do it since I'm gonna have it apart anyways

I just noticed they have 4.30 gears have you or anyone else heard anything about them
Old 07-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #11
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Sounds like the stock axles would work for you, but if you want the beef...
I am running them because my 01 is superchargered, dual cases and running 40"s, soon to be 42"s.

All in all I thought the price was decent.

Another alternative to look into would be Nitro Gear and Axle.

Gearing to 4.56 sounds like it would be right.
You are running 40"s on toyota axles?....
Old 07-04-2012, 07:52 AM   #12
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
You are running 40"s on toyota axles?....
Soon to be 42's.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #13
hellride001 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Explosive Ordnance Disposal
Name: Kelly
hellride001's Tacoma Gallery
yes 4.88 and 40s. I have had a 83 yota with a built 22r, dual cases and 42s w/ 4.88 spool and locker up front that I have beat and daily driven. I have seen plenty of 5.29s fail with smaller tires. 4.88 with either motor worked great for me. With my taco I am running 2100 rpm at 75mph (daily driven 50 miles a day). It is super charged and has about 200,000 miles.

My 83 was limited by the speed wooble in the 42 tsl's. I didn't have chromo rear axles in the 83, but I beat it plenty on the Rubicon, Little Sluce, and a lot of private land.

Toyota axles are about the same diameter as a ford 9" axle.

Yota axles are engineered pretty good.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #15
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
looking for a sweet deal on some 42" tires. kinda leaning at Pit Bulls, but will take what there is. I did like the TSL's pretty well except for the lack of balance.
pirate4x4.com in the Tires/Axles/Wheels For Sale section where you want to look for those kinds of tires..not too many peeps here will have 42" tires for sale at TacomaWorld

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32
Old 07-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #16
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
yes 4.88 and 40s. I have had a 83 yota with a built 22r, dual cases and 42s w/ 4.88 spool and locker up front that I have beat and daily driven. I have seen plenty of 5.29s fail with smaller tires. 4.88 with either motor worked great for me. With my taco I am running 2100 rpm at 75mph (daily driven 50 miles a day). It is super charged and has about 200,000 miles.

My 83 was limited by the speed wooble in the 42 tsl's. I didn't have chromo rear axles in the 83, but I beat it plenty on the Rubicon, Little Sluce, and a lot of private land.

Toyota axles are about the same diameter as a ford 9" axle.

Yota axles are engineered pretty good.
Just because the axle's maybe be near the same diameter doesn't meant shit really. Spline's make a difference and most problems with toyotas are the ring and pinions since they are so tiny.