Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

lift....

Old 07-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
TexasTacomadude is on a distinguished road
Name: josh
TexasTacomadude's Tacoma Gallery
lift....

i want to lift my 97 tacoma 4wd enough to atleast ride 32's but dont have alot of money to do so right now whats a good and cheap way of doing this and how much money would i be looking at
Old 07-02-2012, 03:29 AM   #4
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Lift and Cheap never go hand in hand.
Yes they do, they are called spacers & blocks.
But OP said he wanted good & cheap. Those are the two that don't go together.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:30 AM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Yes they do, they are called spacers & blocks.
But OP said he wanted good & cheap. Those are the two that don't go together.
Touche'
Old 07-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #6
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Cheap but not spacers and blocks? I would look into a set of Bilstein 5100's adjustable front shock and AAL from ToyTec.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #8
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
true

i am very anti spacer and block tho so i don't even consider them a real lift.
Come on they are a lift and are in the same group as the hockey puck lifts (the group of lifts to avoid).
Old 07-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
DarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to behold

Name: Clark
DarkShark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
true

i am very anti spacer and block tho so i don't even consider them a real lift.
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Come on they are a lift and are in the same group as the hockey puck lifts (the group of lifts to avoid).

OP save about a grand and get a good lift like OME or billies
Old 07-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #10
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I would say bodylift kit, but in my opinion it looks ugly when you see the frame rail staring at ya...