Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

suspension upgrade or some other upgrade?

Old 07-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
99tacoprerunner is on a distinguished road

Name: oscar
99tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
suspension upgrade or some other upgrade?

So I have been debating for a while on what to do to my truck first...I've been debating on upgrading my suspension like new shocks all around some new leaf springs and stuff that or a new sound system or some new wheels and tires. I don't know which one to do first..each one of those would probably run me a grand and up so i wanna spend it on something that's worth it..anyone got any suggestions....

Old 02-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #2
Armon is on a distinguished road
EMS:
Armon's Tacoma Gallery
It depends on what your purpose is with your rig, if you are going off roading I suggest suspension. But if you are getting a suspension lift I suggest bigger tires due to it looking stupid with a lift and smaller tires.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:44 PM   #3
Countinuous improvement
TejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTejasYOTA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nathan
TejasYOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Like Armon stated, what do you plan to do with your truck - - off roading wise.
I will say this... my first was to get all terrain tires 32" and sliders.
The tires will help you learn how to wheel your truck and the sliders will stop some (not all) damage. Now if you are worried about the bumpers... those will be replaced later...which I did later, because once you get to wheel and really have fun... your bumpers will become toast and you will want to change them out.

My final thing was suspension.... which took a lot of reading.
If you want bang for the buck - - go with OME.
If you want cheap - - use spacers.
If you want max performance without cutting anything - go with UCAs, Coil overs and new leafs.
If you want max droop - - SAS or Long Travel.