Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Few questions / OME Dakars / D6XL AAL / etc...

Old 07-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
License2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
License2Ill's Tacoma Gallery
Few questions / OME Dakars / D6XL AAL / etc...

About to replace my questionable rear Dakars with new ones. And installing the D6XL. Along with 65 Nitrochargers.

Few questions.

CS046R: A=Driver's side / B= Passenger's? Correct?

The D6XL is the 3rd leaf when installed? The original 3rd leaf will now be the fourth leaf. Looking at the pack from the top...

My DSM has the axle as the ideal support position. Is it ok to position the jack stands under the frame rail directly under the rear-most frame to body supports, like the 2nd gen DSM states?

TIA
Old 07-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
GLD01 will become famous soon enough
Name: Jamie
GLD01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by License2Ill View Post
CS046R: A=Driver's side / B= Passenger's? Correct?
Correct.

Quote:
The D6XL is the 3rd leaf when installed?
Yes.

Quote:
Is it ok to position the jack stands under the frame rail directly under the rear-most frame to body supports, like the 2nd gen DSM states?
Yes.

Good luck. This is the exact same leaf setup I recently installed and I'm really liking mine.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
hossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud of
hossmaster's Tacoma Gallery
post up a few pics of the leaf pack before and after install of the D6xl along with pics of the stance before and after thanks
Old 07-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
License2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLD01 View Post
Correct.

Yes.

Yes.

Good luck. This is the exact same leaf setup I recently installed and I'm really liking mine.
Thanks Jaime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossmaster View Post
post up a few pics of the leaf pack before and after install of the D6xl along with pics of the stance before and after thanks

Sorry. Before pics are a little to late to happen now. Up on jacks...
My situation is a little different than just an upgrade..

Doing this because I was taco-leaning about 1" to 1-1/4" in the front and about 1/2 to 3/4 in the rear.

Keeping my old 882's, but replacing everything ome with new.
PO did the original ome, and it sat too long w/o being used. I don't believe lifted suspension components should sit around for 4 years with 10k miles on them w/o seeing a trail, so I'm replacing them.

Also doing 1.5" shackles, 10mm tp spacers and trying either a 5mm or 10mm trim packer for the taco lean. So I'm not just doing the AAL.

Cheers.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
hossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud of
hossmaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks Jaime!

Sorry. Before pics are a little to late to happen now. Up on jacks...
My situation is a little different than just an upgrade..

Doing this because I was taco-leaning about 1" to 1-1/4" in the front and about 1/2 to 3/4 in the rear.

Keeping my old 882's, but replacing everything ome with new.
PO did the original ome, and it sat too long w/o being used. I don't believe lifted suspension components should sit around for 4 years with 10k miles on them w/o seeing a trail, so I'm replacing them.

Also doing 1.5" shackles, 10mm tp spacers and trying either a 5mm or 10mm trim packer for the taco lean. So I'm not just doing the AAL.

Cheers.
believe me i know about gangsta lean, i have the same problem. i just want to see the pack after you put the aal in. also if you dont mind telling us the ride height change.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossmaster View Post
believe me i know about gangsta lean, i have the same problem. i just want to see the pack after you put the aal in. also if you dont mind telling us the ride height change.
Sure! I'll post a pick next week.