1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

fixed high idle now ac wont work at idle

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by KenC, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Jul 5, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    KenC

KenC [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    pottsville,pa
    i had a high idle issue a few months back after replacing iac,tps and adjusting stop screw its back to normal except ac isnt working at idle.i dont know if the issue has anything to do with high idle or not becaue i just bought the truck about 6 months ago.
    if the truck is runnning and i turn ac on the light on button illuminates but rpm doesnt change so i opened hood and compressor clutch is not engaged.if i rev the throttle up the ac clutch engages and stays engaged as long as rpms are up appr. 1500ish and truck blows cold air.i had some 1 hook gauges up and there is the proper amount of r143a in the system so that isnt the issue but if i unplug tps after a few seconds the clutch will kick on at idle.im stumped any info greatly appreciated

2. Jul 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM
    hossmaster

hossmaster Well-Known Member

Member:
    League City, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2002 Converted / 2017 OR
    Was a PreRunner, now it isn't
    the tps has a bit of slop built into the mount holes especially on aftermarket ones, perhaps you need to loosen the tps and rotate it a bit to get it all to work correctly.

[​IMG]

3. Jul 6, 2012 at 1:57 PM
    KenC

KenC [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    pottsville,pa
    the factory and aftermarket 1 that i have are not slotted the have just a hole so there is no adjustment that i know of.i did reset the ecu when i installed tps it idles great now but the ac is my only issue and if i dont figure it out soon i will have to take it to the stealer cause i work in a 34 deg climate and the heat kills me on the way to work with my flannel lined pants lol

4. Jul 6, 2012 at 3:47 PM
    twfsa

twfsa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Omaha Ne
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD 4X4
    881 Front coils, Bilstien 5100's all the way front set to "0" Icon Dynamic's mini leafs in rear, stock tires.
    What about disconnecting the battery and the ECU will reset itself just guessing.

5. Aug 6, 2016 at 12:13 AM
    jbv808

jbv808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Maui, HI
    Vehicle:
    White 1995.5 Tacoma 2.7l 4x4
    -Kenwood Single Din Deck, 12" MTX Sledgehammer Sub, Orion 1500 Watt Amp -JBA Catback Exhaust w/ LCE Test Pipe and URD O2 Sensor Simulator -6 Inch Fabtech Lift (Hawaii Style!!) -Revolution Gear and Axle 4.88 Gears Front and Rear -5" Pro Comp Leaf Springs (More like 6"-7") -A340F Auto to W59 Manual Swap -2.5 Radflo Coilovers -JBA Offroad UCA's -Bilstein 5165 Rear Shocks -LC Engineering Headers -HPS Short Ram Intake -LC Engineering High Boost Supercharger w/ 5th Injector, pink top injectors, Walboro 190, Split Second Fuel/Timing Calibrator, AEM Water/Methanol Injected
    Old thread but I happen to have a high idle on my 3rz right now and it happened to me after I cleaned the maf, throttle body, and iac. I replaced the iac to fix my low cold starting idle but it still idled high. Did you just throw the new tps on or did you adjust it as well?

Products Discussed in

To Top