Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

fixed high idle now ac wont work at idle

Old 07-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
KenC is on a distinguished road
Name: Ken
KenC's Tacoma Gallery
fixed high idle now ac wont work at idle

i had a high idle issue a few months back after replacing iac,tps and adjusting stop screw its back to normal except ac isnt working at idle.i dont know if the issue has anything to do with high idle or not becaue i just bought the truck about 6 months ago.
if the truck is runnning and i turn ac on the light on button illuminates but rpm doesnt change so i opened hood and compressor clutch is not engaged.if i rev the throttle up the ac clutch engages and stays engaged as long as rpms are up appr. 1500ish and truck blows cold air.i had some 1 hook gauges up and there is the proper amount of r143a in the system so that isnt the issue but if i unplug tps after a few seconds the clutch will kick on at idle.im stumped any info greatly appreciated
Old 07-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
hossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud ofhossmaster has much to be proud of
hossmaster's Tacoma Gallery
the tps has a bit of slop built into the mount holes especially on aftermarket ones, perhaps you need to loosen the tps and rotate it a bit to get it all to work correctly.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
KenC is on a distinguished road
Name: Ken
KenC's Tacoma Gallery
the factory and aftermarket 1 that i have are not slotted the have just a hole so there is no adjustment that i know of.i did reset the ecu when i installed tps it idles great now but the ac is my only issue and if i dont figure it out soon i will have to take it to the stealer cause i work in a 34 deg climate and the heat kills me on the way to work with my flannel lined pants lol
Old 07-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
What about disconnecting the battery and the ECU will reset itself just guessing.