Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

stock suspension pictures

Old 07-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
ronnishusband is on a distinguished road
ronnishusband's Tacoma Gallery
stock suspension pictures

After months of searching just got a 99 4x4 standard cab...it apears to have a slight lift under it. Maybe 2" or so suspension lift...anyone have pictures of stock suspension (front & rear) to help determine exactly what's been added. The rear shackles are obviously not stock, but the front is less clear to me. I want to return to stock and need to know what stock parts I'm looking for. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Do you happen to know what kind of struts are on the front and rear? That information alone would probably help someone on the right track to determine any lift info.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Here are shots of stock, but sagging, leafs (3 plus overload) and shackles.

Sorry, but I do not have pix of the stock front suspension.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnishusband View Post
After months of searching just got a 99 4x4 standard cab...it apears to have a slight lift under it. Maybe 2" or so suspension lift...anyone have pictures of stock suspension (front & rear) to help determine exactly what's been added. The rear shackles are obviously not stock, but the front is less clear to me. I want to return to stock and need to know what stock parts I'm looking for. Thanks in advance for any help.
I imagine that if you put pics of your suspension up, the community would be able to tell you what isn't stock instead of you asking for stock pics.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
sorry, I do not know what kind of struts, they may be stock based on the simple appearence of age. But then again I just got the truck and have no idea of the age of the lift.....Thanks sccar for the pictures, you have confirmed what I suspected on the rear shackles, mine are at least twice that length at the bumper end of the leafs, the engine end look to be stock. Thanks again
Old 07-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #6
Glitterdick
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnishusband View Post
sorry, I do not know what kind of struts, they may be stock based on the simple appearence of age. But then again I just got the truck and have no idea of the age of the lift.....Thanks sccar for the pictures, you have confirmed what I suspected on the rear shackles, mine are at least twice that length at the bumper end of the leafs, the engine end look to be stock. Thanks again
You're welcome.

Like Ryan said, post some pics of your front suspension, then we'll be able to tell pretty quickly for you. Especaily get a good shot of the top of the coil assemblies.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
duh....sorry new to all this
Attached Thumbnails
stock suspension pictures-2012-07-05-19.17.09.jpg   stock suspension pictures-2012-07-05-19.18.22.jpg   stock suspension pictures-2012-07-05-19.19.05.jpg   stock suspension pictures-2012-07-05-19.19.47.jpg  
Old 07-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #8
Tylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud of
Name: Tyler
Tylerm5000's Tacoma Gallery
Lift shackles in the rear and coil spring spacers in the front. Looks like a 1.5 inch or so.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
TIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedTIPICOTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TIPICOTACO's Tacoma Gallery
^ x2 also you have EXTREMELY NEW TIRES! haha sharp lookin truck!

in a related question.. are there any statistics on factory ride height?? like what the average height was for each model Taco (reg/ext/dbl cab) leaving the factory?

I'm trying to figure out how much lift I gained over "stock" height when I re-did the suspension but only have 10yr old "sag" measurements.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:04 AM   #10
Glitterdick

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIPICOTACO View Post
^ x2 also you have EXTREMELY NEW TIRES! haha sharp lookin truck!

in a related question.. are there any statistics on factory ride height?? like what the average height was for each model Taco (reg/ext/dbl cab) leaving the factory?

I'm trying to figure out how much lift I gained over "stock" height when I re-did the suspension but only have 10yr old "sag" measurements.
Yes, the FSM provides the information to determine this. You need the model ID # off your door jamb sticker, then follow the attached guidance.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SA-10_Alignment spec.pdf (101.3 KB, 189 views)
File Type: pdf SA-66_alignment_spec.pdf (47.3 KB, 147 views)
Old 07-06-2012, 01:18 AM   #11
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like Daystar shackles on the rear with stock springs. Not sure about the model of front spacer lift.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #13
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe ProComp shocks in the rear too?

Not sure what the stock shock bodies are for that model.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #14
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Yes, the FSM provides the information to determine this. You need the model ID # off your door jamb sticker, then follow the attached guidance.
What is "FSM"? The attached charts don't make any sense to me. I'm trying to figure out how much lift I actually got over factory stock also.

Recently installed 881's with 5100's @ 0" and a 10mm JK spacer. My stock front ground to fender measurement (265/70-16) was 35 13/16" before and 38 1/8 after. My stock measurements seem higher than others that I have read and the truck has 91K on it.