Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Good deal on toolbox?

Old 07-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh
mountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cory
mountainman94's Tacoma Gallery
Good deal on toolbox?

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/bar/3109697274.html

he's asking 85 for it, but i haven't heard a lot about duralast toolboxes as far as quality or durability. i know it's autozone made...is it any good?
Old 07-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
I have had the same exaxt box on my truck for 2+ years. Held up great so far. No where near as durable as the weatherguards or some others like wolfpack said, but the lock works good and no one has tried to break in yet lol

Mine had a sliding tray for smaller stuff that I finally just broke from overloading it with too much shit and hitting bumps to hard or something. But it was plastic so go figure
Old 07-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh
mountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainman94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ok. i didn't expect it to compete with a uws box. i wouldn't use it to keep anything valuable in, but it's nice knowing that it has a lock (cheap nonetheless) that would probably keep out people just looking for unlocked doors, etc. my family had a gps and a camera stolen out of the cars in our driveway because they weren't locked and some teenagers thought it would be cute to walk down the street and see who left goodies in an unlocked car. needless to say, doors are always locked now.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh

yeah, we never found the stuff. absolutely no way to find them, because they didn't break in, per say. it was our fault for not locking it up and giving them the opportunity to make some cash. fortunately, our dog is an inside dog and practically incapable of doing damage to humans. he is what they call a peekapoo, a pekanese (sp?) and poodle mix. he just barks a lot.

and i hate people too.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
awwwwww yeeeeeeeeahhhhh

that's not a bad idea...when i go to college this fall, if i ever find myself needing to use it as secure storage i might look into that.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #6
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Don't buy a cheap toolbox. Husky's suck.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Those lil ones can be very very good alarms....its like they are tuned in to be on high alert....maybe its their size.

I've seen people attach hasps and padlocks to these toolboxes sometimes also....may not be "pretty" but it serves the same purpose.
Thought about doing this. Lock works but if I wanted to break into it bad enough I could.