1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Seat belt stuck?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by ToyotaDave, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Jul 8, 2012 at 6:00 AM
    ToyotaDave

ToyotaDave [OP] Member

Member:
    There are lots of post about the seat belts not recoiling but mine wind back up okay it's just once they do you can not pull it back out. You can pull it out about a foot then it stops and locks up it will recoil back in but will hang at the same point when you try to put it on.

2. Jul 8, 2012 at 6:10 AM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Hit a wrecking yard and get another seat belt or check our buy/sell/trade section for parts truck.

3. Jul 8, 2012 at 6:11 AM
    GTechoma

GTechoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    GA
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport DCLB 4WD
    EGR inchannel vent visors, OEM bed mat, Wet Okole front and back seat covers, BFG AT's

I have a 2nd Gen and have noticed a similar thing. It seems like the faster your pull/uncoil the seatbelt, the more it will stick or hang which I would assume is related to the safety features which lock it in the event of a collision. To get around it, I try to uncoil/pull the seatbelt at a consistent and slow "speed" to avoid it sticking. Not sure if this is what you are experiencing, but its what I have noticed. These seatbelts seem very sensitive compared to other vehicles that I have had. But my 4-runner and Highlander were both the same.

4. Jul 9, 2012 at 3:19 PM
    ToyotaDave

ToyotaDave [OP] Member

Member:
    No one does refurbished? Mine could be fixed it's something wrong with the gears inside.

BTW has anyone ever tried the Universal 3 point black seat belts? They are around $100 for a set.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top