Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

who makes best sliders for the money

Old 07-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #21
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwill817 View Post
Yeah he has a welder and I think maybe a torch.. We're just young and inexperienced and don't have the money to screw up $200 worth of metal when we don't have a clue what were doing lol
get some flat stock (cheap) and run stringer beads on it until you can lay dimes. Then move up to joints and the like. Practice on scrap before welding an actual project.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #22
Dwill817 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
Dwill817's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
get some flat stock (cheap) and run stringer beads on it until you can lay dimes. Then move up to joints and the like. Practice on scrap before welding an actual project.
We really need to.. I've ran a few beads but if someone asked me to weld something together it would be bad.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #23
Dwill817 is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
Dwill817's Tacoma Gallery
To be honest, pretty much all sliders would be fine for the kind of off-roading we do.. Today was our first day to an actual offroad park.

But it may be getting pretty serious soon because the trails today were intense.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #24
Sidewinder10 is on a distinguished road

Name: Hunter
Sidewinder10's Tacoma Gallery
45acp i really like your build, i have can weld so the trail gear mounting options would be a plus, what front bumper are you running?
Old 07-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #25
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Nuther vote for Trail Gear as the best bang for the buck. There are lots of really good quality sliders out there, but they cost quite a bit more. I'd put my TG sliders up against any of them and even if mine wore out first I could buy another set and still be cheaper than a lot of them.

I've put mine through some big hits on two different trucks and they've been great.

TG sliders on my cruiser

Old 07-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #26
Sidewinder10 is on a distinguished road

Name: Hunter
Sidewinder10's Tacoma Gallery
Steve o 77 i appreciate the help on trying to weld, me and Dwill817 can do a few diy projects but we better leave the armour to the pros,
Old 07-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #27
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder10 View Post
Steve o 77 i appreciate the help on trying to weld, me and Dwill817 can do a few diy projects but we better leave the armour to the pros,
no problem man, do whatever you feel more comfortable with.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #28
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
After reading this and viewing BoxRockets Pix I would be safe purchasing a set of Trail Gear sliders... There is NO way I will put my Tacoma anywhere near the adventures he has with his BUT I would like to keep my rockers in great shape..

Thanks for the info and PIX...

Now to make a bid on that local set I found ...
Old 01-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #29
Mechanic for Honda
Mossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to allMossy is a name known to all

Coast Guard: Prior service
Name: billy
Mossy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoope View Post
After reading this and viewing BoxRockets Pix I would be safe purchasing a set of Trail Gear sliders... There is NO way I will put my Tacoma anywhere near the adventures he has with his BUT I would like to keep my rockers in great shape..

Agreed
Old 01-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #30
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoope View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
Agreed
You won't be disappointed. There are other good sliders out there but I can't argue the best bang for the buck is TG hands down. Mine are still taking a beating and working great. They don't get abused as much during the winter except for the constant blasting from road salt. This spring/summer will be another fun wheeling season and I'm sure the sliders will see plenty of abuse between a couple trips to Moab, the Rubicon and other places.