Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Have fuel fire compression but my taco wont run

Old 07-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
MSD2ndGen is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
MSD2ndGen's Tacoma Gallery
Have fuel fire compression but my taco wont run

Ok Ive been working on my 96 3.4L Taco and Im having a real hard time getting my truck back on the road. I just put a timing bet on and drove it home just fine after it sat for about 7 months but I went to go to work this morning and my truck wouldnt start so after work I come home and pull the bed and check to see if the fuel pump was working and it was so I pull my number one spark plug turn it over and Im getting spark. I know it has good compression because I checked it before doing the timing belt. I cleaned the throttle body out and still nothing. I pulled a P1300 code off of it and google and Bing have been no help so Im hopping Im not the first one to come across this problem so if anybody can give me an idea of where to start next Id be greatful.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
P1300 is for an igniter circuit malfunction, this PDF link is for 2000, it MAY not be exactly how your year is, but it will help you get started.
http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/2000/Repa...on/cip1300.pdf
Old 07-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
MSD2ndGen is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
MSD2ndGen's Tacoma Gallery
Ok I have continuity in all of my ignition system and have replaced the igniter module and now its starting to backfire through the intake and I'm seriously like wtf can anybody think of anything???