Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Canopy Or No Canopy?

Old 07-21-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Canopy Or No Canopy?

Can't decide what look I like better, So figured I would see what you guys have to say. Should I have canopy on, or should I keep the canopy off except for hunting season?

Canopy on..

Canopy off..

Old 07-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Yer call. I like the looks both ways. Mine stays on for now, but that's at least partly because I've been too damn lazy to rig up the hoist system inside my garage for it. I need to give myself one of these ->
Old 07-21-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
Laissez les bons temps rouler
tacoma04 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bruce
tacoma04's Tacoma Gallery
I like it better without it. But it is your choice and really depends on your needs. Either way, nice truck!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #4
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Sell it and get a Bestop

But if not, I like it without
Old 07-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
I like how your Canopy looks, it goes well so I'd say both ways are still good looking.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #6
Ecnerwal is on a distinguished road
Ecnerwal's Tacoma Gallery
I go with the practical approach.

Mileage better with or without? (I've had it go both ways, and make no difference.) If better one way, run it that way mostly unless you need the other.

Other than that, it's what do I need to carry in the truck that does not fit in the cab? .vs. What do I need to carry in the truck that's too tall to fit with the cap on?

Flipping between should be easy - if it's not, figure out a way to make it easier.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #7
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the compliments guys, I havnt noticed a gas mileage difference with it on or off I always get 20 or better
Old 07-21-2012, 10:14 PM   #8
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
off!
Old 07-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #10
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Put it on when you need it, take it off when you don't. Bst of both worlds
+1
Old 07-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #12
NetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud ofNetDep has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Tim
NetDep's Tacoma Gallery
One of the reasons that I got the truck was for camping/storing some supplies in and out of the weather -- the canopy serves this end. I have a friend with a Tacoma that hauls stuff -- it depends on your needs. I don't have the ability to take it off an on -- I love my Bedrug and it stays dry for camping. For me - the canopy was the only way to go. Like guns or cameras (other hobbies) - let your need determine your gear choices - not just gear for the sake of gear or what might "look" good. IMHO - enjoy your truck!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Canopy Or No Canopy?-img_0596.jpg   Canopy Or No Canopy?-img_4159.jpg  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #13
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
My topper leaks so much at all four corners.

I have to try and remedy this with weatherstripping.... in the mean time I'll keep praying for a tree branch to fall on my topper, crushing it, and nothing else.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Better yet..get a soft topper

Ya, but I honesty don't like the look of them that much