Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dixie Horn

Old 07-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
Eat right, be fit, die anyway
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
zacharypaul89's Tacoma Gallery
Dixie Horn

I recently purchased a Dukes of Hazard Dixie horn from the eBay store 'OEMTOYOU' for $50, including shipping and like it a lot. It came with 5 horns, a compressor, tubing, a 4 prong relay, and mounting hardware. I followed the instructions, trying to connect wires through the relay and, as soon as I put the positive wire on the battery, the horn just continuously went off. After about 30 mins of cussing and failed attempts, I just cut the wire to the stock horn and connected it to the positive connection of the compressor and ran a ground wire from the negative connection of the compressor to the engine and, viola, it worked perfectly! Although, I do have to hold the horn (steering wheel) down to play the entire tune, it beats the hell out of dealing with countless amounts of wires, a relay, and connecting to the battery!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGCJYXLkgvY&feature=plcp
Old 07-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
I like it!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
jimmybee1108 will become famous soon enough
Name: JM
jimmybee1108's Tacoma Gallery
Got a link?
Old 07-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
So know you have no real horn?
Old 07-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #6
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybee1108 View Post
Got a link?
I believe this would be it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIXIE-Musica...#ht_1207wt_907
Old 07-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #7
zacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedzacharypaul89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybee1108 View Post
Got a link?
Yeah, it's in the original post, it may just take a sec to load
Old 07-23-2012, 06:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
So know you have no real horn?
Nope, sadly. It's gonna suck when some a-hole cuts me off and I angrily honk and everyone laughs at me
Old 11-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #9
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
real horns are overrated. dixie is the way to go.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #11
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacharypaul89 View Post
Nope, sadly. It's gonna suck when some a-hole cuts me off and I angrily honk and everyone laughs at me
ahhaahahahah i love it
Old 04-10-2013, 05:09 AM   #12
Taco Madre
ronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to beholdronny97 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ronny
ronny97's Tacoma Gallery
is there a way to connect a Dixie air horn to a seperate switch?
Old 04-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #13
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny97 View Post
is there a way to connect a Dixie air horn to a seperate switch?
Yea. Just get a momentary push button switch and hook it to the compressor or whatever powers the horns.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:56 AM   #14

Someone asked about installation, so here's how I did it:

First, connect the hoses from the compressor to the individual horns. You'll notice that everything is color coded, for simplicity. Simply hook the horn with the blue o-ring to the compressor port with the blue ring, and so on....

I mounted my horns to a piece of plywood and set them behind the passenger side wheel well, butted up against the firewall. I mounted the horn on top of the passenger wheel well.

Now, you just need to connect the ground wire to something metal on your truck, as seen in the above picture. After that, find your stock horn, cut the wire, and splice the positive wire from the compressor to it and you're good to go.

Also, the 2001 comes with 2 stock horns, so if you don't also cut the wire going to the 2nd horn, when you honk the Dixie horn, the stock horn will honk with it...I simply removed both stock horns.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:59 AM   #15
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
when I lived in ohio used to hear those on them hillbilly shriners jed clampet like trucks.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:18 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
when I lived in ohio used to hear those on them hillbilly shriners jed clampet like trucks.
...is that a good or bad thing?
Old 12-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #18
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

Name: Matt
04trd's Tacoma Gallery
MERRRICA!!!!!! Now that's cool!
Old 12-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #19
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quite a few had those around here in our high school days.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #20
roll me back over please...
rolledovertaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Cadillac
rolledovertaco's Tacoma Gallery
awesome! i added one to mine a few weeks ago... i have a pushbutton on the dash and the stock horn still hooked up as well for inspection reasons...