Notices

Alove vs. Boxrocket!!!

View Poll Results: Alove or boxrocket?
Alove 48 30.19%
Boxrocket 111 69.81%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #42
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't vote because I vote for both.

This is apples/oranges, IMO. Both are badass but they serve different functions.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #43
rushr is on a distinguished road
rushr's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is a lot like Boxrockets but some day it will have Aloves front end and then it will be perfect.

I can't make a decision
Old 07-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #44
mall crawler
Rebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRebel Taco 22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Parker
Rebel Taco 22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
Didn't vote because I vote for both.

This is apples/oranges, IMO. Both are badass but they serve different functions.
agreed
Old 07-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #45
milehighliving is on a distinguished road
milehighliving's Tacoma Gallery
Alove got my vote. I love how 'rigged-up' boxrocket is, but the SAS is huge! If Boxrocket SAS'd it'd be something very very special, until then Alove wins.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #46
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushr View Post
My truck is a lot like Boxrockets but some day it will have Aloves front end and then it will be perfect.

I can't make a decision
This is interesting. It all comes down to how you want to use the truck. If this is about rockcrawling, Alove's truck would take it hands down. IFS will never win out in the rocks over a solid axle.

I've had several solid axle trucks because I was playing in the rocks most of the time. This truck has been my first IFS truck and I've left it that way because I needed it to be more of an "all-around" truck. I can still play in the rocks on all but the most extreme trails, but it handles the overland and highspeed stuff so much better, not to mention daily driver duties.

Bottom line is there is no right answer. I'll be honest this round of voting has been a total suprise to me. Alove's truck is awesome and has been really well built. 45acp hit it on the head, these are two quite different trucks with different purposes and it makes it a hard choice. If I weren't the owner of one of the trucks I'd have a hard time choosing as well.

But as "member's choice" I guess it comes down to what type of truck is most useful to most members. Either way, props to Adam for building a kick ass truck!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #47
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the comments, complements and criticism, It is all very much appreciated. I'm not going to lie, I thought it would have been a lil closer but I knew coming into it that Boxrocket had an awesome truck and it's been one of my favorite builds for some time now.

As far as some of the comments on it being primarily for crawling, etc... This is my only vehicle. I built it with the intent to be driven 250+ miles a week, while maintaining a good ride and fuel economy. I was able to come out with that and keep my girlfriend from killing me in the process (that SAS is her wedding ring ). Also when wheeling/camping there is quite the arsenal of tools, parts, fluids and god knows what else may be needed lol

When it comes down to it I have no problem being eliminated by a truck like Boxrockets. I hope to one day have all the camping gear, bedrack and other odds and ends that makes his truck unique and as capable as it is.

Congrats and good luck in the next round!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #49
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
What a good sport!

Props man. This was a tough round and I thought it would be closer too. But then again this site isn't super SAS prone.

Good job both of you. Sick rigs guys
SAS? What's that? We know this site hates SAS, I mean look at the 3 people that comment on my build thread, ONLY 3 PPL

Edit: I agree with above statements, I love both their trucks TBH.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #51
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
I think a better set to choose from would be Box vs n0rth.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:13 AM   #53
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
SAS? What's that? We know this site hates SAS, I mean look at the 3 people that comment on my build thread, ONLY 3 PPL

Edit: I agree with above statements, I love both their trucks TBH.

It's cause your suspension setup is similar to the Ranger.

I agree with the above statements. Both trucks suit different needs/wants and are built per those. I personally voted for Alove because his rig is similar to mine in suspension and the setup fits my needs/wants.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:35 AM   #54
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
A tough choice but I had to vote for Adam
Old 07-31-2012, 07:10 AM   #55
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
I think a better set to choose from would be Box vs n0rth.
Good thing for me n0rth's truck is a second gen. I don't think I could win that one.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #56
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
Yall are going to have to stop with the "Adam" references, that's my name too and it's been throwing me off the whole time
Old 07-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #57
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alove0750 View Post
Yall are going to have to stop with the "Adam" references, that's my name too and it's been throwing me off the whole time

I just figured they were talking about you the whole time.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #58
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
I voted for Adam.