Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 1st Gen. Tacomas

Notices

front bumper adjustment...driver side to passenger side

Old 01-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
front bumper adjustment...driver side to passenger side

anyone ever adjusted/centered the front bumper on their first gen's?? i noticed the other day that my damn bumper was too far to the driver side, so i need to adjust it and slide it over some.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I did this on my 2000. I saw it was to far to one side, so I bought some washers, and shimed it until it was perfectly centered.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I did this on my 2000. I saw it was to far to one side, so I bought some washers, and shimed it until it was perfectly centered.
cool. i havent looked at the mounts yet....too damn windy here, but im gonna do that this weekend...when i flip my damn shocks over!!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
cool. i havent looked at the mounts yet....too damn windy here, but im gonna do that this weekend...when i flip my damn shocks over!!
SSSHhhhhhh!!!!
Old 01-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #5

Quote:
SSSHhhhhhh!!!!
yeah.....i know.....but i have come clean about it now!
Old 01-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
what did i miss?

whats wrong with having the boot side up?
Old 01-07-2009, 08:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
what did i miss?

whats wrong with having the boot side up?
eh...not alot.they are supposed to be boot down.........not hurting anything as is, but im gonna swap them the right way.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
ok...ive never noticed any ill effects from having them up
Old 01-07-2009, 08:08 PM   #9

Quote:
me either...........ride has been great. i probably wont notice a difference myself, but im gonna do it and see. gotta get my new slotted rotors and hawk pads on too. my weekend will be busy if it aint rainy,windy and cold...............going back to look at that property too!!
Old 01-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Well, its because of your avitar.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #11

ok,back on topic of this thread.................looked under the truck today to see if i could see the bolts for the bumper to loosen and slide......didnt see any mounts that looked like they had sliding room. which mounts will be the ones i need to loosen for the adjustment??? any ideas?
Old 01-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #12

Well, On mine, I removed the bumper, and repositioned it on the other side of the mounts, then used washers to move it one way or the other. You should be able to see the bumper mounts from under the truck.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Well, On mine, I removed the bumper, and repositioned it on the other side of the mounts, then used washers to move it one way or the other. You should be able to see the bumper mounts from under the truck.
ok...went and looked again....looks like there may be a slight adjustment on the 2 main bars under there, but i need about 3/4 of an inch to the passenger side. i may have to unbolt the bumper and do as you did man. now that i got to looking at it...it looks ridiculous as hell(cant believe i just noticed a week or so ago), so i gotta get it back even. im gonna crawl under there this wknd and see whats up!
Old 01-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #14

Thats the same thing that happend with mine. GL.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Thats the same thing that happend with mine. GL.
thanks. all the bolts and nuts are rusted pretty good....looks fun!
Old 01-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #16

Old 01-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #17

Quote:
already got it!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #18

got my bumper lined back up today.......took the brackets off.....they were bent a little, apparently where someone hit the side of the bumper. starightened the brackets out,then got the wifey to put some ass into the driver side to shift it a bit, then i shimmed with a couple of washers on the pass side between the bracket and frame..........tightened it all up...............looks alot better now! its almost perfectly even now.

also...................got my rear shocks flipped the right way now too.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
got my bumper lined back up today.......took the brackets off.....they were bent a little, apparently where someone hit the side of the bumper. starightened the brackets out,then got the wifey to put some ass into the driver side to shift it a bit, then i shimmed with a couple of washers on the pass side between the bracket and frame..........tightened it all up...............looks alot better now! its almost perfectly even now.

also...................got my rear shocks flipped the right way now too.
WTG on the bumper!
Old 01-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #20

Quote:
WTG on the bumper!
thanks man...............you give me the idea to shim with some washers! i drilled out 4 fender washers that i had, to fit those bolts, then put them between the bracket and frame on the passenger side!! now............it doesnt look retarded anymore!!