1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Torque Converter, Tranny, PO770 Problems

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by NAVY_TRIPP, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Jul 27, 2012 at 8:46 AM
    NAVY_TRIPP

NAVY_TRIPP [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '01 Tacoma DC
    6" Fabtech, Sway-A-Way 2.0's, 4.88's, Deck Plate, headers, 1'' shackles, AP extended lines, Warn M8000, ARE Tonneau
    So, i know there are tons of threads about PO770 for all Toyota and believe me I have read them all. Mine is doing things a little different. Please help if you can!

I have an '01 quad cab and since i got it 3 years ago it has set the PO770 randomly. Like everyone else, it doea not affect drivability. TCC lock up occurs at 45 MPH and I watch/here it happen. That being said, The tranny shifts from park to drive OR reverse/ reverse to drive/ drive to reverse HARD! The truck lundges whichever way and the gear hits hard. This happens 98% of the time and every now and again it is soft and smooth. The truck runs through the gears smoothly accelerating and down shifting.

I do not know if it had a shift kit installed or if there is one even available for it. My thoughts lay with the torque converter or a possible shift kit. I dont know how I can tell if it does have a shift or not. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Products Discussed in

To Top